Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pilgrim Liner/Privateer ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, any reason that a BAF iff'd pilot with privateer ID should not use a Pilgrim liner? As i see it, the ship is well suited to the privateer role. It has good armament and with an armor mod it is more than capable of harassing foreign trade ships (The privateers role). It has the cargo capacity to carry a substantial boarding party and also to carry seized cargo from victims.
It is also the kind of vessel i would expect to see privs using. Privateers nearly always had to supply their own vessels, they rarely used military ships unless captured. And sometimes had to settle for refitted hulks etc. The pilgrim makes a poor mans cap ship, while lacking the firepower of true capital ships it does however fit the role in a lesser degree as a light raider. The only issue I see is that the Pilgrim is considered unlawful, but then the privateer is bordering on unlawful as far as some are concerned. Surely this can be worked around by having the vessel named as a prize ship taken in action?
Any thoughts?
I believe most of the Privateers are currently RPed as ex-BAF, and they've been allowed to take their old ships with them to the Taus. They also get some support from BMM and Bowex to top up that tally.
There are also those who are drawn to the cause from less lawful backgrounds who can bring those ships with them. Of course, they can buy ships on both the civilian and black markets.

In a pure game mechanics viewpoint, you have 100% to Generic Unlawful which includes the Pilgrim Liner.
(01-10-2013, 07:17 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]I believe most of the Privateers are currently RPed as ex-BAF, and they've been allowed to take their old ships with them to the Taus. They also get some support from BMM and Bowex to top up that tally.
There are also those who are drawn to the cause from less lawful backgrounds who can bring those ships with them. Of course, they can buy ships on both the civilian and black markets.

In a pure game mechanics viewpoint, you have 100% to Generic Unlawful which includes the Pilgrim Liner.

Ok thanks Summer for clarifying.
Pilgrims are very old civ ships that have been re-fitted by Junkers. They'll sell those to anyone for a profit so there shouldn't be a problem if the ID doesn't forbid it.
(01-11-2013, 05:25 AM)Hawk Wrote: [ -> ]Pilgrims are very old civ ships that have been re-fitted by Junkers. They'll sell those to anyone for a profit so there shouldn't be a problem if the ID doesn't forbid it.

Aye I have been wondering about that. I know that with a BAF ID the pilgrim gets a 90% power output nerf. Not sure what the privateer ID allows but I was lead to believe it isnt restricted like the BAF one to Bretonian vessels.
well if you've got a backstory to make it happen, i'd recommend the bret liner with your privateer id. its sort-of within reason (at least much mroe than many of other ways the bret liner is used). it's better than the pilgrim liner for pvp (more armor and turns faster = stays alive longer) and got both a CD and a CM slot if you would want to get a cloak later on...
I thought about the Liner but dismissed it as I though it didnt fit the character I want to portray. The liner is a luxury ship, it's the same type used by the Queen. I personally didnt feel that it was the kind of vessel that a lowly privateer would easly acquire. Sure I could come up with an RP story to explain it, but it just wouldnt be the character I wanted to play if i did that. I have also considered the prison liner, as it is a kind of refit too, if I run into problems with the pilgrim i may go with that.
As to PvP, it's a moot point, I am hoping to Rp any encounters where possible. I dont like to destroy traders if I can help it, enough people on the server looking for an excuse to do that as it is. Mostly I will be targeting the lighter transports and attempting a boarding action within the bounds of Rp to capture their freight and cargo.