Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It's over... yes it's that kind of thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you haven't noticed, I've been AWOL for quite some time. I just don't find happiness in the things I used to. I thought about Freelancer for the first time in a couple weeks just yesterday, so here I am.

Henceforth, I'm relinquishing my status in all official factions. I guess that is just the GMG|, right? The GMG| means so much to me. I've always been fascinated by the lore behind the faction. It's the people that really mattered though. I've made some great friendships within the GMG|, which makes it really tough for me to let go.

I'm really sorry to do this, but honestly it was a long time coming. I haven't logged in to any of my chats in so long... I wouldn't be surprised if I were already fired. Heck I've been gone so long, I bet only a few of you guys even recognize my gir+pig avatar!

===COMMENCE OBLIGATORY SHOUTOUTS===

Taro (Asbestos) - I love you man. We were brothers. I didn't want to let you down. I said I was always going to be GMG| back when I was so sure of things... I will always remember our fun times together.

Felix (ProwlerPC) - You're like the boss I never had. .... Actually, GMG was pretty much my job while I was unemployed and you were pretty much my boss... Your walls-of-text are unrivalled, but I used to read them. Every damn word.

Alex (Saheto) - GMG| brothers forever. Some of my happiest moments were when you, me, and Taro were tearing it up... okay so maybe you and Taro were tearing it up while I was respawned on Ogashawa. Also, how do barge?

Xoria - You helped me a great deal, especially with my penmanship in several crucial roleplay posts. I hope I was somewhat helpful with the economy, though I'm sure by now someone has delivered a more robust system for economy development.

Jamez - :3 .... you might want to have someone else look after your account. I will try, but I can't make any promises.

Zelot - Seriously, early on I used  to have nightmares about Nightsmoke.  You nailed me on my first and second characters (Kasugai_Hatsumi and Vanity).  I know we had our differences, but I respect you for being  such a formidable adversary in the game of diplomacy.

Orin - You won't get this message... but thanks for accepting me into the GMG| while I was still running around in an Eagle with a LPI tag and GMG ID.

Marburg - You've got a good head on your shoulders. I honestly don't think I was a great leader for NLH. Doesn't matter much anymore, I guess

Wolfsghost, Neronian, & Enko. Some the most fun RP experiences I had on the server were playing around with you folks on my Gaian. Ariana loved Austin Goodman, that she did.

Ironwatsas - Izuki+Ame forever <3 \CS\ was quite a challenging faction to roleplay, I hope I was able to contribute some fun times. Sorry I couldn't be around for the reboot. I tried Sad

Okay my eyes are starting to swell so I better stop. Goodbye.
The Sigmas will miss you Sad
can i haz yr stuffs? /jk

give to angels
Well man it was nice having you in the guild, won't be the same without ya.
Was always fun flying with ya.
To anyone here in Disco who doubts that it's possible for a newbie indie to get noticed in-game by a faction, become a member and rise up it's ranks fast to become one of it's pivotal leaders and a cornerstone to the faction....they just need to look at the Disco career of this man whom just said goodbye.

I remember when Orin (who didn't use Skype at the time) first messaged us about running into Vince in-game and proposing him as a good prospect. Actually I think it's somewhere near the beginning of our message dump if I recall correctly. We pulled him onto the roster and I'll be honest I don't recall the details but Vince turned out to be valuable early and was positioned as second in command of our paramilitary forces (which comprised of our largest portion of membership since there was no such thing as actual gas mining back then and h-fuel hauling was as profitable as hauling water before Xoria fixed this all up). The reason I forget is because what followed overshadowed previous impressions, caused me to say "we need this guy", and launched him into the position of Guild Master beside me and my peers at the time.

What was this moment?

Well he simultaneously embarrased me by creating an OORP thread to address an issue that was entirely capable of being resolved in RP AND intrigued me greatly because of the target he chose and which topic it was over......He called Zelot out to the floor over the matter of GMG's sovereignty and Kusari's attempt to breach it. Despite my strict rules about breaking character and using RP to resolve RP there was just no way I was going to ignore the fact that I had someone with the confidance to go toe to toe against the leaders of our neighbours while not falling apart into name calling and silly threats.

It didn't take long after the promotion when Vince rewarded us with the decision by catching one of my Guild Master peers acting in-game in a manner very unbecoming of the image he knew I was trying to foster and really quite unbecoming of any official faction. Vince fearlessly went down on him hard for it, despite being one of the founders, and he left. This vacuum pulled in a far more reliable level headed member into the council of GMs and marked a pivotal moment in improving internal faction quality.

So already so early in GMG|'s life as an official faction we had a member becoming a cornerstone defender of GMG's sovereignty and an active leader in nurturing our image both within and throughout and it was just the beginning. An immensely huge portion of what GMG| is today can be attributed to Vince both in the faction's pace and image. Not sure if I can ever thank him enough for helping me set soo many things straight, but I'll try.

Vince,

Thank you for joining the ranks of GMG| and spending your time in-game with us, thanks for agreeing to be one of our leaders, thanks for showing no fear against our enemies be it at the diplomatic table or in combat, thank for understanding the spirit and code of conduct I wanted to foster and helping me with that, thanks for painstaking hours you did with faction clerk work and creating so many well structured faction pages, thanks for working with Xoria on the economy and saving the |GTS- wing and most of all (coming as a player, faction leader and admin) thanks for being a stand up, honest, confidant player.

I hope for good luck and fortune in your future, keep that personality of yours and trust it, it'll see you through more dark times then you might imagine. Don't be shy to say hello if you pop in from time to time.

Take care friend,
Felix Larouche
As a newly founded member of GMG (read 7 months), I've heard it many times, you know how Vince did this and that, and I've always asked who this guy was, where is he even yet. But you know how it is the very best of all that famous historic peoples are the ones who you'll never meet Tongue

Sorry to see you leave, even more sorry to not have the opportunity to fly with you atleast once.

o7 mate, fly safe
Vince, I'm glad that I was able to give you some assistance because the tool you wrote for me has saved me countless hours of tedium. Actually, I wouldn't have even considered doing as much as I have with the economy if I didn't have that tool. It's utterly priceless to be able to generate 24,000 specific base to base travel times in less than a minute. I'm probably the only person who can appreciate that contribution to the mod, but I know how crucial it has been. Thanks for your willingness to help.

On a personal level, it's too bad we never had the chance to interact in the game much. It would have been fun to be each other's wingman, or even opponent. The GMG was lucky to have you. Good luck out there in the real world.
That's it. I'm coming over to the US to get you back.
Pages: 1 2