Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Using a CD on a neutral/friendly turns hostile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I shoot a CD towards a convoy of transports neutral/friendly to me, they turn hostile if CD hits. I heard from previous update that CD doesnt cause aggression, but it still does in 4.86. Does it reversed?
I'm not certain but i think that when they say it doesn't cause aggression, I think that means it doesnt count an aggressive act towards players. In game mechanics terms, yes it will aggro NPC's. In Server rules terms, no it's not an aggressive act. Hope that makes sense
Previously, CDs or explosions used to instantly turn all nearby NPCs hostile, including allied ones. Neutral and semi-friendly ones will still turn hostile, but allied ones won't. That's what the changelog means. Solution? Don't shoot neutral NPCs with munitions.
I've once had 16 Nomad Assassins on my Tigershark when I CD'd a transport in Iota.
In the end, those clever NPCs saved the transports life by making it impossible for me to kill him in a LF.
Game mechanics can be annoying sometimes. Get used to it.
Yeah why do we have this? If we can turn it off for friendlies, cant we do it for neutrals? its very annoying.
It's very annoying indeed, and if it can be changed, I don't see why it shouldn't be. You don't harm an NPC much by getting it in the explosion range of your CD, and the way it works now I seem to end up having "allied" NPCs going after my police/navy char every time I get in a fight with a pirate, since they swarm around him and get a little too offended when I shoot a CD at him. It makes no sense in roleplay for them to turn on you because of a CD, and it's not a fun game mechanic either.
If only the admins do a change so that if npcs that have rep of +0.4 didnt get hostile by shooting a CD, i would like it but it decided to make a npc hostile even on semi-friendly status.
I'd like to add it to players aswell. If you CD/Shoot/get CD'd you turn red. Would be oh so helpful against a guy fighting you with a friendly rep or no rep flashing.