Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Flottillenadmiral Kai Siegfried, das Büro der ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Guten Morgen Admiral Siegfried,

I hope this message will reach you in good health. Mental to be more precise. I have potentially interesting information for you. During my recent visit to Rheinland I have met a certain agent of yours and came into possession of evidence that he is an infectee. I am talking about a very dangerous infection that has its origins in deep Omegas. I am more than happy to withdraw you this information, as we basically have no interests in Rheinland. However, since intelligence gathering is one of our daily jobs, I cannot really do it for free. That would really spoil the market, and this is something I wish to avoid. I am willing do sell you this information for 10 000 000 SC. However, since das Büro has still not paid us for the last information we sold you, I will require a payment in advance. A total of 35 000 000 SC including overdue 25 000 000 SC. I will wait for your response.

Schöne große,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
ENCRYPTION: PL07 D3V1C3
COMMID: Flotillenadmiral Siegfried, BDM| U-Flotte
LOCATION: BDM|RNC-Brynhildr, Mephistopheles Class 005 Production Type Cruiser, BDM|U- Forward Operating Base

[Image: epgokg.jpg]

Good evening, Madam Hunter.

I would like to issue my sincerest of apologies for this mistake regarding your due payment.
Please find the enclosed sum of 40 million credits - 10 million as per the agreed sum of payment, an additional 5 million as per the standard 50% markup on late fees, and 25 million additional credits for overdue payment.

The one responsible for this misunderstanding has been reprimanded.

I hope that this does not prevent further cooperation between us in the future.

REPORT COMPLETE
FLOTILLENADMIRAL SIEGFRIED, KAI - BDM| EXTENDED LOGISTICS DIVISION
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Guten Abend Admiral Siegfried,

The payment has been received. Thank you for your trust and resolving the issue so swiftly. As for further cooperation I believe it is obvious that our intermediate goals converge. We always welcome with joy the chaos that your economic warfare division brings to Liberty.

As for the infected agent, I have encountered him in Stuttgart. He used civilian IFF, but a close scan revealed its true affiliation to your organization. It was an Eagle equipped with a set of weaponry based on alien designs. Normally, I would have just ignored this encounter, but something in the speech of your man caught my attention. It were not even the theatrical pauses, as I know a few people who think it is intimidating to speak like that. It was the very peculiar choice of words. When your agent uttered "irregular" in the sense "out of ordinary" I realized that I am speaking with an incubi, trying to translate his non-verbal perception of the world into a human language. Of course using geometrical comparisons and metaphors does not necessarily makes you a Nomad. You might just be a bad poet. Or a Cardamine addict. Anyway, when I exploited his most inner emotion, the mask has fallen.

What is interesting, possibly remains of a humanity within him, wanted to let me live. It suggests that the agent was infected not that long ago. Also, for your information, it was quite a skilled pilot. It was moderately hard for me to escape him. Therefore, it is possible that Nomads won't erase the host deeming him useful. And since old habits die hard, if you encounter a different ship configured similarly chances are high that you found your infected agent.

Below I attach a surveillance log for your analysis. I hope you will find this information useful.

Schöne große,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...receiving.attachment...

Surveillance log: New York, Nicole Hunter's Eclipse, 13th January

Verrat: Interesting. Would you tell me... what a Lane Hacker... does here?
Nicole Hunter: Strolling walker Nebula?
Verrat: I think... you aren't... the kind of person... to do something like that. Don't try to trick me. I am asking. Again. What are you... doing here.
Nicole Hunter: And what do you intend to do? I am no threat to you or your operations.
Verrat: I will see about that. My operations doesn't have threats. However... what do you think... does the police pod... in your hold tell me. I think you are...
Nicole Hunter: It tells you something about the attitude of a certain police officer.
Verrat: Or your attitude. Without a doubt... this police officer... Perhaps. Tried to stop a... pirate. Which brings me back to you. What are you doing here. Something... irregular? You are far from your place.
Nicole Hunter: Interesting choice of words...
Verrat: If you didn't understand... What are you... doing here.
Nicole Hunter: Which may hint that you have something more of a nomad origin than those prototype weaponry. Now you got me curious, officer.
Verrat: Prototype weaponry... Your scanners and eyes... must be fooling you.
Nicole Hunter: If you're ashamed of your origins... that's fine.
A low pitched sound is heard from Verrat's comms.
Nicole Hunter: Don't you miss the close proximity to the hive?
Verrat: You Lane Hackers... have... knowledge. More than I expected. Possibly. You are a threat.
Nicole Hunter: Possibly.
Verrat: Now that I see... That you don't fall for... Cheap tricks. Fine. You have two options.
Nicole Hunter: And these are?
Verrat: Pretend you did not see anything and remain silent or "die in dignity of your intellect". Either way. This drone will be... destroyed. And any evidence... eliminated.
Nicole Hunter: Actually, I have more options.
Verrat: I doubt so... but... you may go ahead.
Nicole Hunter: These are mainly little additions to those you proposed.
Verrat: Be... quick. You are buying... time.
Nicole Hunter: Do you really think I will receive reinforcements here?
Verrat: I think you are... trying to... send information. I cannot... let that happen.
Nicole Hunter: Well, as much as I would like to, I don't have enough friends here.
Verrat: I already assumed you don't get physical reinforcements. And now... your ship will be... nullified.
Nicole Hunter: Actually, now that...
Verrat: Thirty seconds.
Nicole Hunter: Hmm, I wanted to say something else, but looks like you're not in the mood for this.
Verrat: Indeed.
Verrat opens fire and after several escape manoeuvres Nicole Hunter manages to escape.
Nicole Hunter: That would be it.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...