Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newbie reporting in, with questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm totally new to both the Discovery mod and large-scale roleplaying. I of course want to make sure I'm doing this right, so I want to tack down my character sheet before I get started on the server. Is this alright, and is there anything else I should add to it?

----
Male Caucasian
Ailos Valthero
Age 29, 5'11"
Eye color: Brown
No faction yet

He tends to favor beige slacks and a brown t-shirt, but can sometimes be seen in a gray jacket. He has shoulder-length brown hair, and he walks with a slight limp due to a hoversled accident that broke his foot at age sixteen.

His mother Kristen, a native Rheinlander, died giving birth on Misaki Station, in the Rishiri system. His father, a Bretonian named Cole, was distraught, and brought his son to Liberty space in hopes of a better childhood.
Ailos was never very fond of his father, and the two would often argue and disagree. He is largely introverted, having few friends, and certainly more enemies. He is cautious when near people that he does not know, but he becomes more relaxed and carefree when he is with a person that he trusts.
Ailos prefers to speak his mind rather than butter words over, and he tends to become physically restless when agitated or angry; it is rare that he snaps, and while he equally rarely shows his fear, he freely admits it when asked.
He hates lying above all other things, seeing it as, in his own words, "a waste of time, effort, and conscience."
Ailos generally has a clean sense of humor, though he has been known to crack the occasional innuendo-laced remark.

After his father died in a mining accident, Ailos used his funds to buy a ship of his own, hoping to find work off of Erie.
----

I also have a couple of other questions:
Is there some sort of blacklisted/whitelisted mod list? I've looked, but I can't find one, and I want to make sure I don't get autobanned for using JFLP and Hudshift for widescreen gaming. I also have a fixed EXE that I use, because I'm too lazy to change discs; is that allowed?
And, do I need to be 'active,' per se, and if so, how active? I don't know how much I'll be able to play in the near future. I most certainly don't want to be removed or penalized in some way for not logging on for a few days.
Well nice story very good. MOst of your questions i can't give ya but you don't have to be on ever so often. after about 3 months of no playing your account gets deleted. So to stop that just log on for a sec then off ever so often if you are busy for that long. Second Rheinland and liberty are at war XD good luck
Three months? Yeah, I'll be able to keep my account active. xD

And you've reminded me, I need to freshen up on the Discovery lore. Time to pull out the reading glasses.
Welcome! Good luck out there!
Thanks for the welcome, I hope to die by your hands soon. :D

Another question, though — I have an extremely unreliable Internet connection. Every now and again, it goes down for a few minutes. Should I play on the RP server if this is the case? I don't want to get into any trouble for getting disconnected during a battle or something of the like.
well...if you are sure that only you got the problem....just drop a note before anything ...and inform people. then you should be fine. also..there is a Disconnected Thread. give it a search...then post there with:

name:
System name:
Reason:

and that will help alot!

also..Can i kill you too ? o.O ?
(01-15-2013, 07:29 AM)pitockm Wrote: [ -> ]well...if you are sure that only you got the problem....just drop a note before anything ...and inform people. then you should be fine. also..there is a Disconnected Thread. give it a search

Cool beans, I'd better bookmark that thread. Hopefully I won't be using it. Thanks for the heads-up.

And yes, you can kill me if you find a reason to. xD
Welcome,

Target acquired 8)
Hello, welcome to disco, you have very nicely written background for character, I like it. If you already passed stage of mining helium in Pennsylvania and have Camara freighter or something bigger, I advise you trading Neon from Erie to planet Kyushu and Rice back, just watch out for Xenos.

Safe flights and see you in space!
On behalf of the DSE - clan...

= WELCOME ! =

Regards,
Pages: 1 2