Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A clarification please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was not sure if to file a sanction on this or not as i am not usually one for doing such, but the more I think of it the more this smacks of cheating.
The first point is, i was flying my Rheinland Military ID'd bomber in Hamburg and came across a smuggler, he attempted to escape after refusing to stop by landing on planet Hamburg. Now I am aware of the rule;
"5.6 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PVP death. Transports and freighters are exempt from this rule."
However, surely being pursued by a member of the houses lawful factions while in the process of a crime, there would be no way this guy would have been allowed to dock? So is this a rule break or just ooRP?

Secondly, this guy then base idled for as long as it took the game to kick him, (nearly 10 minutes it turns out), he stayed offline for a few minutes before returning and attempting to escape. This pertains to the following rule does it not?
"5.9 Disconnecting from the server in a PvP fight to escape, as well as in any other situation that involves player interaction, is not allowed. If you lose server connection during a player interaction, you should get back in game quickly to continue the interaction, with the other player's permission. If that is not possible, then post on the forums and PM the players involved. "

Can I reliably assume that idling till kicked is pretty much the same as intentionally disconnecting to avoid interaction?
Yes he was acting extremely ooRP, though technically he don't break the rule 5.6
This question is raised, well often. Example
If you got solid proofs such as screenshots, I'm proposing you to post a tread here with demands to a smuggler contact RFP and pay fines according to the Rheinland laws. Otherwise you turn to official lawful Rheinland factions to perform sacred ritual 4.10.
4.10 Official player factions may request that the reputation of a player's ship be changed to hostile with respect to their NPC faction.
No, not when he is docked it doesn't count as disconnecting.

Next time you should gather evidence (screenshots, preferably with timestamps) of the smuggler's cargo and his refusal to stop/docking at a planet or base.

You can then rp with the official RFP faction and if the evidence is there you might get the smuggler FR5'ed - that is have his reputation changed, so he can't dock at lawful Rheinland bases and planets.
Ok guys thanks for clearing that up. Appreciated
Make sure your timestamps are turned on. Also there is a distance threshhold in which a ship can dock, resupply and come back out at you which won't be cosidered fleeing. If your close enough and he docks, a green message will appear in the system chat. SS this and then SS when he comes back out, if timestamps are on we will clearly see a violation when provided in the report.