Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Order Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings there.

Recently i encouraged a friend of mine who is relatively new to FL to play, and we started from the scratch as Order Fighter Pilots.

Now here's my problem. I can't find appropriate missions for lowtech fighters. The cheapest missions that i could find until now pays 950k + and unless we don't take "killbaseonly" missions, they are really really tough as recruit with 57% technerf. we also frequently got to fight several Gunboats when taking missions above 1kk.

So are there even any bases that offer low level mission? And if, where to find those?

Regards,
Talesin
I think the only lower level missions used to be on planet Toledo, which no longer exists I believe. I think your only safe bet is going to be getting help from other order pilots. I may be wrong though, there may be missions somewhere but the only low soloable ones i found last i played order, were on Toledo
Omicron Mu, Batleship thebes. Keep Selectign New Charcter until you get to a mission with a station killing. Keep picking that one and you will be fine. Also, buy a bring on battleship Thebes.
I also found no low level fights (besides "Kill Station"). Neither at the Battleship in Alaska, nor in Bases in Omicron Mu.

Only one advice: Buy civilian weapons and ships and you should have no technerf at all. Or at least change your weapons to civilian ones (I believe you're using Order weapons for the moment, cause this will increase your technerf even further from 75% down to 56%).

For example:
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/CG-24a_%22Pu..._Chain_Gun
This weapon should do better and your technerf should only be 75% (If not, pm me and I'll refund you).

Also have a look at the "Tech chart" in the wiki, to get a better idea how to avoid/reduce technerf.
Word is low level fighter missions in 4.86 coming.

For now, just find some osirses to help you.
Greetings again.

Thank you for all the fast responses.
(01-21-2013, 01:08 AM)Von Richtofen Wrote: [ -> ][...] planet Toledo, which no longer exists I believe. [...]
Well it does, but it's an undockable, uninhabitable world now.

(01-21-2013, 01:37 AM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]Omicron Mu, Batleship thebes. Keep Selectign New Charcter until you get to a mission with a station killing. Keep picking that one and you will be fine. Also, buy a bring on battleship Thebes.

That worked out, though it was extremely boring to relog 20-30 times to get a kill-base-only mission to finally be able to buy a ship that can mount class 9 weapons.

(01-21-2013, 01:38 AM)Lord_Helmet Wrote: [ -> ]I also found no low level fights (besides "Kill Station"). Neither at the Battleship in Alaska, nor in Bases in Omicron Mu.

This weapon should do better and your technerf should only be 75% (If not, pm me and I'll refund you).

Also have a look at the "Tech chart" in the wiki, to get a better idea how to avoid/reduce technerf.
Yea, i know the techchard, and i wouldn't need any refund (no offense) we just didn't have the money to buy purple godesses (and i wouldn't want to take that money from another char), since, as i said, we started from scratch. We just did a /restart Freelancer and then headed for the Omicrons.

(01-21-2013, 01:54 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Word is low level fighter missions in 4.86 coming.

I assume you are talking about 4.87?

Anyway, it sounds as if there were no "cheap" order missions and one has to f1 until one finds kill-base-only missions.

Well i got more questions:
- What loadout do you suggest to take on gunboats in two Nephthys's?
- To which credit range is it possible to do capship missions with two Bombers?
- Are there any trade routes available for the Order (since after all, 90% of their trading is made by zoners, lore-wise)

Regards,
Talesin
The lack of low-level-missions is well known for Order and the only ones available for repping alone are the base-kill-missions.Not sure how it is with battleship Atum in alaska, though I have seen there a lot of high level-missions.
Doing gunboat missions in 2 Nephtys is not advisable to my mind, unless you use 3 Debs to counter the gunboat shields, because those will be your biggest problems.
Later on, when you have bombers, you may be able to do some of the high level missions if you know how to use bombers against the missile spamming cruiser and battlecruiser groups. Battleships are less a problem then thought. It all depends on your bomber skill.

Regarding trade routes:
There is a quite profitable one between FP 11 in Delta and Akabat. Synth Pase or Pharmaceuticals from FP 11 to Akabat, and Marines from Akabat back to FP 11.
There might also be route between Chugoku and Akabat, cannot remember the commodities for that though.
Try assisting any order capship maybe they will help you.
(01-21-2013, 09:28 AM)Mercarryn Wrote: [ -> ]The lack of low-level-missions is well known for Order and the only ones available for repping alone are the base-kill-missions.
Damn.
(01-21-2013, 09:28 AM)Mercarryn Wrote: [ -> ]Doing gunboat missions in 2 Nephtys is not advisable to my mind, unless you use 3 Debs to counter the gunboat shields, because those will be your biggest problems.
Sunslayer torps used to be a good deal against npc gunboats, is that still so?

(01-21-2013, 10:10 AM)monmarfori Wrote: [ -> ]Try assisting any order capship maybe they will help you.
Yea, we wanted to start from scratch earning everything we need via missions, slowly buying better ships. As such i'd rather not ask capships for help.

Thank you for your responses.
Regards,
Talesin
well....starting from 0 is a Nice idea Big Grin. it brings a lot of fun....any how.

Its not that you cannot use all Ideas that a Order pilot can do. For example...Hunting nomads. they bring pure Profit + rep I guess. So visiting their place might be a good idea.

(01-21-2013, 02:30 AM)Talesin Wrote: [ -> ]- To which credit range is it possible to do capship missions with two Bombers?
Missions With LVL 40 or Higher are good. Means IF you are with a Bomber...you should ONLY fight Higher than Gunboats Smile otherwise in middle of mission you may face Both Gunboats and Cruisers on your tale.

if you are two people...you can Take Any missions in 2 bombers. Key matter is :
IF any of you went out of ammo... must get killed so it spawns in base...refill and head back to fight. Same goes for the other bomber.

day saved!
Pages: 1 2