Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The /maketag command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need a bit of an explanation on this please. I used the /maketag command to create the tag STUKA| and I applied a password to the tag. I was debited the 50 million credits for this. Now as i understand it, nobody should be able to apply that tag to their name without using the password and /renameme command and password?
Its just that a recruit to my faction was able to do just that. So what exactly have i paid 50mill credits for? Or what (more likely) have I done wrong?
Bumped for a response
What was the exact tag the recruit put on because i believe it is case sensitive. When you do the make tag.
(01-21-2013, 05:51 PM)Snoopyman Wrote: [ -> ]What was the exact tag the recruit put on because i believe it is case sensitive. When you do the make tag.

It was STUKA| He used the correct tag as far as I am aware
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=74637
Check careful this topic, there is a chance that you done something wrong, may be not assigning password comes in my mind at first place.

/maketag STUKA| MASTERPASSWORD RM bomber wing
/settagpass STUKA| MASTERPASSWORD RENAMEPASSWORD
Herr.Wolf to STUKA|Herr.Wolf
/renameme STUKA|Herr.Wolf RENAMEPASSWORD

Replace both passwords and it should work.
Keep safe the masterpassword for the Leader/HC, distribute the renamepassword to the members.

4 Drop me PM after 2-3 weeks I would have a time to fly the nice OP bergel once again before it got changed.
Actually when I joined SMG, i was able to do the same thing even though they have a password set for their tag. I was able to simply add the {SMG} tag without any problems. Though the next ship I did, I had to have the code, seems like it's a weird hit and miss?
If the said tag is not reserved via the command and the 50mil fee everyone is free to use it, there is nothing strange at that,still I suggest to read Cannons post in the link that I posted, the system is well explained. The first time the tag was not protected by password, when the second time it was protected.
According to the faction leader, he had protected the tag far before i even joined. So....not sure what the deal is.
Yeah I think Govedo has explained it right. I'll give it a go tomorrow when I'm awake. Its the /settagpass that i missed i think. Thanks matey, very useful