Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Target box bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Noticed something rather odd with a transport last few times i have seen it. Cut a long story short, I cant hit the transport if i aim at the target reticule. The shots drift off the the left every time. Even when both ships were on top of each other and nearly stationary. Is this a bug of some sort?
The more I think about it, the weirder it is. This is the only transport I have ever had trouble killing. It's a L'ane brigand transport. The targeting reticule being inaccurate is bad enough, even when flying straight at the target and spot on the reticule, the guns won't hit at all. Then there is the torpedos, they hit but no damage, none, zip, nadda! I see them hit, i see the ship in the explosion radius, but no damage. lastly we have the ridiculously fast shield recharge time. It's back up in a matter of seconds, way faster than should be possible on a transport from my experience.
Someone using cheats i guess by the sounds of it

Edit: Maybe take screenshots

Could be either:

Server Bug
Client Bug (yours or his)
Modded Files
Server Lag
Or somthing else
(01-22-2013, 01:53 AM)Alphablood1 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone using cheats i guess by the sounds of it

Could be either:

Server Bug
Modded Files
Server Lag
Or somthing else

Well like I said, it's only this one particular ship, which is what makes me so suspicious. And the guy is cocky, like he knows he won't be killed
(01-22-2013, 01:58 AM)Von Richtofen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2013, 01:53 AM)Alphablood1 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone using cheats i guess by the sounds of it

Could be either:

Server Bug
Modded Files
Server Lag
Or somthing else

Well like I said, it's only this one particular ship, which is what makes me so suspicious. And the guy is cocky, like he knows he won't be killed

Well that would make it more obvious than if hes like that
Unlike some player confused and donst know whats going on
I know for a fact that there is a so called 'undetectable' shield hack out there, thats what got me thinking that this was iffy
Yea thats just not fair for everyone else on the server that like to play fair
And now adays you dont know who has it to and they probily have it settup to reduce damage to a certant point so noone notices i donno but i think someone should look into this

Edit: People lately been cheating here and there in their own ways but sometimes the ones like this one get the most enoying
(01-22-2013, 01:27 AM)Von Richtofen Wrote: [ -> ]... lastly we have the ridiculously fast shield recharge time. It's back up in a matter of seconds, way faster than should be possible on a transport from my experience.

If he's using the 35k civilian transport shield, it will have a very short downtime, 6 seconds if I remember correctly. Compare that to the 100k shield which has a downtime of 12 seconds.

The 35 k shield is excellent for trolling NOVAs, and even SNACs if the bomber pilot takes too long to line up a shot.
(01-22-2013, 02:26 AM)Charcoal Wrote: [ -> ]If he's using the 35k civilian transport shield, it will have a very short downtime, 6 seconds if I remember correctly. Compare that to the 100k shield which has a downtime of 12 seconds.

The 35 k shield is excellent for trolling NOVAs, and even SNACs if the bomber pilot takes too long to line up a shot.

Ah, now that may explain it. The shield at least. 6 seconds is about right. The swerving gun rounds are still a bit beyond belief though
This is unlikely to be a serious problem, but most bombers (especially the heavy ones like the Fafnir) have an offset SNAC which can affect point-blank aiming.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere else that the L'Ane was slightly bugged, which might also be a contribution. If it is the transport I am thinking of, he at least didn't turn the shield-hack on when we took care of him.
Pages: 1 2 3