Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Docking Modules and rule 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it a rule violation to log two instances of Freelancer to dock one of your own ships on your carrier/liner/transport, then log the other ship off, fly the carrier/liner/ transport to the destination and, once again, log the other ship on, undock off the carrier/liner/transport, dock at the destination, log off and then continuing playing on the carrier/liner/transport?
Id say this is one of those things that is technically against the rules, but no one cares about enough to report, and its practically impossible to know about anyway. Like briefly logging 2 chars to trade cargo/equipment between them.
I would still prefer some sort of Admin clarification because I was testing my docking modules out for the past few days and thus using the above feature and would like to find out if that would be okay. Sort of like docking my personal ship on my own liner.
this is...some how....Not efficient, i mean..what you want to carry in a Carrier? i mean its zone is limited...yet i agree...such a thing can make some serious loopholes.
When you dock a ship on a carrier, you can log that ship off but still be able to log back on at a later stage and undock where the carrier is now located, never mind if it's half way around the Sirian map. It makes RP sense to be able to dock a small fighter on a liner and then fly both ships to where you need to go. I'm just asking if the Admns would feel the need to sanction such a use or, if it's not abused, leave it alone, like equipment exchanges.
I don't see how this could really be a problem... The person isn't making any unfair gain by doing so, he's only saving himself from having to fly one ship and then the other.

Only person I could ever see reporting this is a sanction-whore, and as such, it's more than likely a perfectly acceptable thing.
Okay, would it be correct to say that the above use is 'acceptable' as long as it is done quickly and doesn't hog an additional slot for longer than a couple of minutes?
(01-24-2013, 05:17 PM)SA_Scavenger Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, would it be correct to say that the above use is 'acceptable' as long as it is done quickly and doesn't hog an additional slot for longer than a couple of minutes?

Pretty much. Someone just got smacked around for having two ships up and on for twenty minutes, which is a no-no, but a couple - this is just like transferring equipment, which should be a non-issue.
Its a rule violation to even transfer equipment, they just choose not to enforce those infractions. I could see them interpreting this one either way, but if nobody complained about it they got nothing to act on.
(01-24-2013, 06:00 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]Its a rule violation to even transfer equipment, they just choose not to enforce those infractions. I could see them interpreting this one either way, but if nobody complained about it they got nothing to act on.

It's been stated before, even in admin green, that logging on to two characters briefly to transfer equipment is acceptable and is not considered a violation of the rules.
Pages: 1 2