Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A few general Disco questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry the title isn't more specific. Also, I'm not 100% sure I put this thread in the right place... Most of these are regarding server options and management.

Question the first: Is it possible to run my own personal discovery server WITHOUT the flhook addon? I dislike some of the features it causes, such as energy drain while cruising. These features were (I think ) necessary for player balance on the 24/7 server, but are unwanted when I have full admin rights over a small group of people, and I do not require such restrictions to enforce behavior. Alternatively, is it possible to MODIFY what flhook does? I am unfamiliar with the program.

Question the B: When FLMM was used, you could set game options upon mod activation, but the installer for 4.86 provided no options, and simply installed itself with various features turned on or off. I wish to be able to set new player starting locations and credits, as well as turn off spinning planets.

Question the III: IFSO isn't working. Now, this may seem out of place, but it only happens with discovery, and with 4.86 specifically - it worked just fine with 4.85. What it's doing is this: Upon first launch, it asks to find the FLServer.exe file. Done. When it asks do I want to begin server control, it then ADDS new parts to the path I set, and suddenly can't find the .exe.
This is the message: "F:\Freelancer Discovery\EXE\Discovery\EXE\flserver.exe contains an invalid path"
and I want to yell "no ****, that's not where I told you to look". For some reason, it's appending "\Discovery\EXE\" to the path that I set, and I can't' make it not do this. IFCE works fine, btw, it's just IFSO that's messing up...

Any help at all with one or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated!