Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A new player has arrived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone.

I'm Abscond, and I've already joined the RP server Smile

Bear with me as I learn how to hang around the place and try not to break too many stuff xD

If there's anything I can do for you guys, just give me a buzz, here or in game ^^

Cheers!
I think we're the ones who are supposed to help you, not the other way around. Smile

Anyhow.. Welcome to Disco. I (and everyone, obviously...) hope that you have a great time around. Also, in case you need help to understand how things work or anything in particular, don't hesitate to ask anyone.

Safe flights!
I already have some questions ^^

So, I started out trading my CSV away for a Rhino and fully equipping it with Liberty weaponry. But when I get out to space it gives me a warning message "incompatible technology detected, reducing power plant output to 58% to compensate."

I'm using 3 Justice MKIII, 2 Magma Hammers Turrets and 3 Vengeance Turrets.
Yes... the issue here is with the ID you carry.

You see... every player needs to have an ID equipped, as you might have already found out. And in theory, the ID defines who you are/who you work for... thus, if you have let's say... an Interspace Commerce ID, you work for them and are allowed to do what they do, you are allied with they allies, enemy with their enemies and so on.

Every faction and such has certain technology types that they can use, so when you use the ID of Liberty you won't be able to use... let's say Rheinland tech, and you will get what we call "nerf", or to be precise... that message that says you have a reduced power plant.

In order to avoid such troubles, you could take a look here to see what fits to what:
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

In the case you describe... i believe you are using a Liberty ship and Liberty weaponry but most likely you don't have a Liberty ID.
Well, I bought the Recruit ID cuz I was thinking of progressing towards Liberty Navy...
Good luck mate.
Pick up a trader faction and join. Learn how things going around here.

Welcome
(01-26-2013, 02:50 PM)Wraga Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck mate.
Pick up a trader faction and join. Learn how things going around here.

Welcome
(01-26-2013, 02:41 PM)Abscond Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I bought the Recruit ID cuz I was thinking of progressing towards Liberty Navy...

If that's your plan... then stick to it, but that's mainly done by doing missions for the said faction you want to join.. LSF, LN, etc... and then take their ID so you won't get the nerf any longer.

Still... i also support what the others said just above. You could make another character for trading (or use this one that you have), in order to make money faster.
(01-26-2013, 02:57 PM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: [ -> ]If that's your plan... then stick to it, but that's mainly done by doing missions for the said faction you want to join.. LSF, LN, etc... and then take their ID so you won't get the nerf any longer.

So, the recruit ID is used mainly for what, exactly?
Welcome to the forums.

The Recruit ID ensures you to not be harassed by other players while doing missions for a faction/group you like to join, until your reputation with them is good enough to buy their ID.
Pages: 1 2