Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FPS - Where have you gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I just logged into Freelancer yesterday and today, and, well, my frames per second have evaporated. My usual 60 are down to a max of 20. No idea why. Well, I was playing around with my graphic driver settings a bit, but I didn't touch the Freelancer specific ones.

Halp?
Force V-sync maybe?
Switched that on and off, didn't change anything.
Reset whatever changes you made on your drivers, or reset one by one to see what you changed. Lowering the resolution of the game could also increase the FPS.
The changes I made to my drivers were program specific, so they shouldn't affect Freelancer (since I didn't mess with it). I'll reinstall the driver anyway, just to be on the safe side.
Considering I was getting 60 fps on my current resolution before this mess started, I don't think that'll really help.
I've also had random FPS drops, but restarting fraps made it work again. Anything else, I don't know.
Bloody hell, reinstalling the driver actually fixed it this time. I'm confused but satisfied.
If you installed one without deleting what you had previously, then it's normal. It can also cause BSoD.
Well, every time I reisntalled the driver so far, I made it wipe any previous settings while doing so. No idea why it actually fixed it this time but didn't previously.