Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Asking for Compensation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay guys.. the "asking for compensation" thing is starting to get out of hand, so it ends here.

There are only three real reasons why Igiss or i would compensate you for any problems

They are:

1) Server crash-related problems.

2) You lost a lot of stuff when we change settings on the server

or

3) the mod causes you to loose equipment,money or whatever for some odd reason we can't find.

Any other reason will likely be turned down. just cause Igiss changes Marsflyer weapon damage rates or you bounce off some oddball starlfier and go planet-diving into the planet doesn't mean we'll compensate you for it. If that were the case, every timei've bounced off Met at cruise in my battlestar and gone planet-diving, I'd compensate myself.

Do I? no. Do i do it for anyone? No. I haven't done it often enough for it to be a trend, so don't even think of starting one here either.

Lets be reasonable, guys. Doing compensation stuff is server-side stuff that only Igiss and I can do. I'm finding myself with less and less time free cause I now have a lot of things on my plate to prepare for. Igiss has enough to do, and not enough time to do it in.

Lastly.. I will get to the name changes likely tomorrow, as I *NOW* have a day off, and possibly the entire weekend off too.

Again.. Do not be asking for compensation just cause you lost weapons from an odd encounter. It has to be server-related for us to compensate you guys,and it has to be in a big way. Just cause we change weapons specifications doesn't mean you have the right to a compensation.
And one more important notice about all this...

I deleted characters that were online for less than 5 minutes, and I will do this in future. If you got 900 million from someone after 1 minute of playing, you'll get nothing back. If you really want to compensate something, stick to credits that a new player in Starflier can earn in 5 minutes. 20 thousand maybe? or 30? Stay on server for 10 minutes and you'll be absolutely safe. If you are too lazy to do this, your problem.

And yes, I agree with everything Wolfpack has posted above.

Many other servers have wipes with each mod version. We had no full wipes during all history of this server since June 2005. Many players lose stuff for various reasons. But if you lose your account ID, or lose unmounted equipment (which is a normal gameplay situation actually), or create a 2-minute character and get something valuable on it - you will be losing your time, items and money, that's inevitable and admins won't help you here.

And don't forget that we do everything we can to inform players about all this.