Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need a hammer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lads, who can pass me a hammer? I'm tired of playing Freelancer on my crap PC. The game freezes every 4-5 seconds for like a second. I want a big and nice hammer for it. Or a big nice hummer.
Umz what is your specs? I got mine to run on a 700mhz CPU, 512DDR gb 16bit onboard graphics card.
(02-04-2013, 01:37 AM)Zigeris Wrote: [ -> ]Umz what is your specs? I got mine to run on a 700mhz CPU, 512DDR gb 16bit onboard graphics card.

Intel Celeron 3.46 GHz, 768 MB of ram (DDR400), onboard video chipset ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 series.

I know that if I'll reinstall the windows maybe it would work better. But It doesn't have any device to read CD/DVD. In this case I should use a memory stick to install it, but I don' have the drivers and google isn't helping me.

EDIT: It's always easier to just smash it with a hammer.
Yeah does sound like more an software issue than hardware. I wish I could help you out right away but I must sleep. We'll see about gettin it together if someone else doesn't solve it before I or you do.
Sounds like an issue I had a while ago. Limiting FPS/refresh rates to that of your monitor tends to help (usually 60 will do). Probably not what you want to hear, but there you go.

Also, do the usual: Disable windows search indexing service, defragment your harddrive, clean out temp folders, close applications you're not actively using. If you're feeling adventurous disable the on-access virus scanner while playing games, those onaccess scanners are resource hogs. Uninstall any bloatware applications such as toolbars, screen saver packs and whatnot. Dell/Gateway/HP vendor specific junk is also on the to-remove list. Run a scan for spyware... Spybot S&D is a good antispyware tool. Update it before use after installing, do not use the tea timer active protection (it too is a resourcehog).
(02-04-2013, 02:22 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like an issue I had a while ago. Limiting FPS/refresh rates to that of your monitor tends to help (usually 60 will do). Probably not what you want to hear, but there you go.

Also, do the usual: Disable windows search indexing service, defragment your harddrive, clean out temp folders, close applications you're not actively using. If you're feeling adventurous disable the on-access virus scanner while playing games, those onaccess scanners are resource hogs. Uninstall any bloatware applications such as toolbars, screen saver packs and whatnot. Dell/Gateway/HP vendor specific junk is also on the to-remove list. Run a scan for spyware... Spybot S&D is a good antispyware tool. Update it before use after installing, do not use the tea timer active protection (it too is a resourcehog).

English is my 3rd language, But you just spoken to me in a language which I don't know. It's easier for me to just re-install the windows and keep it as clean as I can. The big issue is that I don't have a tool to find its drivers. I just managed to make a bootable memory stick with XP. Gonna reinstall the windows and see if I can find the drivers.
I wish you good luck with re-installing the Windows and I hope you'll solve your problem if not a BIG hammer will be sent to your adress
[Image: 800px-Claw-hammer.jpg]

Here you go.

Regards,
Talesin
(02-04-2013, 12:41 PM)versatil Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Celeron 3.46 GHz, 768 MB of ram (DDR400), onboard video chipset ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 series.

I know that if I'll reinstall the windows maybe it would work better. But It doesn't have any device to read CD/DVD. In this case I should use a memory stick to install it, but I don' have the drivers and google isn't helping me.

EDIT: It's always easier to just smash it with a hammer.

Just for...
[Image: mit_Hammer_auf_PC.JPG]
you!

Oh wait, you sure that you can't just google drivers?! I'm pretty sure you can find it, try harder. (I even found a Pentium II drivers, hehe) If not, then Driver Genius (software, well, any version, but try some older versions) is your friend.
Also try what AD already wrote (delete,clean,defragment,optimize,scann... etc, some stuff) Meh, just "format C" and install a fresh version of win and find drivers.
Why are you making a memory stick for XP?

I have Freelancer running on computers that run Vista and 7 with no issues.

Celeron processor - ah, that's the issue. If you're running Vista and you have less than 2GB of RAM, you're hurting. Use the hammer, open up the computer, and put another stick of RAM in there. That'll help about 95% of your problems. That was the first thing I did with this POS laptop I bought, upgrade the RAM to 2 GB (all it'll take) and it's been fine for 5 years.
Pages: 1 2