Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Recently found my freelancer disc again, and decided to give it a go with my new computer, and still love it as much as the day I first bought it, all those years ago.

Used to play on shattered worlds, but this time I'm wanting a change, so I'm giving discovery a go.

I'll be on the server when I've refreshed myself with the controls and storyline in SP again.

Looking forward to gaming with you guys.
First off, Welcome to Disco!

Secondly, let's hope you finish the SP quickly, the sooner you begin your journey in multiplayer, the better will it be. (Not to mention you'll have the chance of creating wonderful storylines yourself, along with other players.)

Safe flight!
Shouldn't be long now, Just finished with the leeds storyline.
That was fast. Big Grin

Anyhow, after you join on the official server 'Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7', be sure to check the server rules and perhaps the Wiki a bit. Might give you an insight on how things work around here. Alternatively, you can easily read this "guide": http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93181

If you have ANY questions or need help on any matter, be certain that me or almost every member around here will gladly give you a hand. Just post here or somewhere on the forum (depending on the needed section) and you'll get aid in no time.
Welcome, watch out on Nomads Smile
At that stage, and even later to some point, you can trade with Rheinland, so, my tip is Drone from Kusari, Berrylium from Cardiff to The Ring and Engine Components back Wink

See you soon!
Welcome to the community! (Dont be hating on nomads!)

The sooner you get to work on your multiplayer world, the better. Hope you enjoy the roleplay aspect of the community, great fun to everyone who participates!

See you around
Cheers guys,

Looking forward to joining you on the server, been reading through the rules to make sure I'm not gonna break any of them accidentally.

I've been roleplaying for many years now, tabletop and live roleplaying since 2001, and text based through Jedi Knight; Jedi Academy, and through Shattered Worlds in freelancer, so I should be able to handle myself rp wise.

What would people recommend doing? Try to start with an already recognised faction for support? Or start out on my own and work out from there who to apply to be part of?
Well, i believe your question is answered with a question: "What do you want?"
Mainly, there are no bad choices here... What you should think of is what kind of character(s) will you role-play, because for example if you're interested in exploring and such... becoming a freelancer on his own is a very good choice. If you're more into groups, probably because you want to feel as if you are part of something, feel free to join any faction you think it may fit you.
Still, you will need to have a character that you'll use to make money, either by trading or mining... Since without money you will most likely be unable to get all the equipment you need.

(Also, in case, later on, you decide to join an Official Faction, they may help you with the funds needed to get some of their equipment and get started there.
You may as well just join an official faction from the start, but it's, in my opinion, better if you start with a tad more freedom [since joining official factions will usually bring more rules], just so you can get a bit of experience here.)
As John said, you'll probably want to start off with a trading and/or mining faction so that you have the funds to run others types that you want. Choose an area or a faction that takes your fancy and write up an application.

Even if you don't fancy that, joining an official faction of any kind will give you some help in how to RP and play the game. You'll also get to know people, and since most people have more than one kind of character you can get a bit of a hand to try out new things.
I'm not sure to be fair, there's a lot of factions that aren't in the main game, and I'd like to learn more about them before picking one. Maybe even do it in game and gain alliances as a freelancer first.

On shattered worlds, I was part of the Blood Dragons, and the IMG. I enjoyed the trading aspect of the IMG, so might want to look into a faction for that again, flying in convoy was always fun. Never really got into the piracy side though, although if an offer comes up, I may take it.