Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In RP External Website.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello to all concerned, this post in directed toward the admins.

I am a student, studying IT, and need to work on my website development skills. So I've had an idea.

An In-RP website designed to be a bit like the Sirius news section in the Bar of bases. The website will be mainly comprised of links to forum posts, but still looking like an in-RP environment. This website will be mostly in RP, with some non-RP aspects, such as links to the ship buying/selling posts. It will also be updated regularly to keep up with the changing Sirius environment.

The main page will mostly be comprised of links to new stories in the communication area and faction recruitment, though obviously these can be changed to whatever needs to be on the front page.

There will also be the availability for a youtube video embedded on the front page, the admins may want to post something there perhaps.

I hope to get the green-light for this project, and I hope it will grow into something used by most if not all of the users of this forum.

-Ej Sykes
++ Good idea!
I may help you with that.Wink
Also, i offer chat system (like, private channels, group channels, faction-wide and maybe system-wide channels) based on IRC. It's very less annoying than Skype. Do we need that too?
I just had this same idea not but 5 minutes ago then jumped on the forums to see if its already been thought of...

And, well.

Crap.

Though my idea was that of a weekly update by the admins of the actual ingame news feeds in all the bases that would have excerpts from different forum posts that were public knowledge though i guess that would be to much for a weekly thing given the amount of bases.

Still, i like your idea.

Edit: and i needa work on my run on sentences.
(02-11-2013, 04:10 AM)713.dstryr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello to all concerned, this post in directed toward the admins.

I am a student, studying IT, and need to work on my website development skills. So I've had an idea.

An In-RP website designed to be a bit like the Sirius news section in the Bar of bases. The website will be mainly comprised of links to forum posts, but still looking like an in-RP environment. This website will be mostly in RP, with some non-RP aspects, such as links to the ship buying/selling posts. It will also be updated regularly to keep up with the changing Sirius environment.

The main page will mostly be comprised of links to new stories in the communication area and faction recruitment, though obviously these can be changed to whatever needs to be on the front page.

There will also be the availability for a youtube video embedded on the front page, the admins may want to post something there perhaps.

I hope to get the green-light for this project, and I hope it will grow into something used by most if not all of the users of this forum.

-Ej Sykes
Do it, I want to see your website dev skills. I'm actually looking for a quality web designer at the moment for something I have planned.
Cheers for the support guys.

Still looking for the Admins approval though.

-Ej
I'd love to see this done really well.
Actually, I'd love to see several different webpages made to make the wiki info feel a bit more inRP as well.
Like a catalog of ships, equipment, weapons.
A "Trading Today" with info on buy/sell prices of goods.
Something underground, providing some info for smugglers and pirates.
Star chart registry, showing off the systems.

It would be awesome, but it would be a nightmare and nigh impossible to keep updated, unfortunately.
(02-11-2013, 10:52 AM)utrack Wrote: [ -> ]++ Good idea!
I may help you with that.Wink
Also, i offer chat system (like, private channels, group channels, faction-wide and maybe system-wide channels) based on IRC. It's very less annoying than Skype. Do we need that too?

+1
IRC Master chat race
The Chat feature seems like a good idea.

The page is being done in HTML5, I've got a banner and separate pages done.

It's being done in the Wix online website builder, so it's all pretty professional.

Keeping up the domain name is going to be my only major problem, as a student (without a part-time job might I add) I have little money, and the little money I do have is being spent on school expenses, like lunch and stuff Wink

So, once a prototype webpage is done, and I have the Admins approval, I'll post a link here and if you all like it, I'll set up a place to donate money for the funds of keeping up the domain name, and the rest, I guess will have to go towards school stuff. So you can be funding the web page, and making sure I have lunch at school at the same time!

Sounds good, right?

-Ej
What would be interesting is a classified ads section. And an ore market section with POB information with ore prices, like a stock market thingy.
Discovery Stock Market, YES!

Like make it work only with official factions, and base the prices off their daily activity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4