Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Whoops.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Er, I suppose it's kind of lame for me to post this, but maybe it'll clear my conscience a bit.

I was dueling a comrade in New York today in =LSF=Evangelion, (We roleplayed it as a simulation, which was quite neat.) and I was learning some mine dropping techniques.

A new player, lvl 18 I think, innocently came along too see what was going on.

Anyway..er.. Nuclear mines don't really seem to care about the lvl 30 rule.. Unfortunately for the beginner pilot, Nuclear mines from myself and my comrade homed onto...his face. He said he was on a mission too.

So, I accept full responsibility for being a pillock.

Ban pl0x

P.S. No, we shouldn't have been dueling in New York.. it was a spur of the moment thing.
I don't think anything should happen to you. The level 18 should know better than to fly right into a fight.. if he wanted to watch, he could've done it at a reasonable distance. It's not like the kill was intentional either.

ADDED: I'd just compensate him for the mission + any ammo/cargo he might've lost.
' Wrote:I don't think anything should happen to you. The level 18 should know better than to fly right into a fight.. if he wanted to watch, he could've done it at a reasonable distance. It's not like the kill was intentional either.

ADDED: I'd just compensate him for the mission + any ammo/cargo he might've lost.
Lvl 18 noobs accually wouldn't know better, because the're noobs & they learn by doing...I'll bet that he's learned better now though:)

Compensation would be the best thing to fix it. Jamez can clear his concience, & the new guy can continue learning the ropes
Heh. My first pvp death on Disco was Edison.Trent.

Wandered through his funnel of laser fire with my Defender, blissfully unaware and not a care in the world. Like a moth into a bug zapper.
erm, kinda.....
you actually didn't attack him, it were the mines doing this. Wrong place, wrong time. But yes, you are right, you should not have duelled in New York. Give him compensation for it.
Well... I was the other one, and, we offered 500k compensation, but he kinda said:

'No, I don't want to accept it, that would defeat the point in earning it'

I explained to him in PM what we had been doing, as I had been teaching Jamez how to lay mines and sometimes hit, and he agreed, and when I said we were sorry, he accepted our apologies
Yeah. Same sort of thing happened to me. I was on my LSF char and this new player came between me and this smuggler, he just walked into my line of fire. I told him to move along earlier and he didn't listen. *Sigh* I still apologised for it though. I would have offered compensation, but he threatened me with a sanction and he opened fire on me.
' Wrote:Er, I suppose it's kind of lame for me to post this, but maybe it'll clear my conscience a bit.

I was dueling a comrade in New York today in =LSF=Evangelion, (We roleplayed it as a simulation, which was quite neat.) and I was learning some mine dropping techniques.

A new player, lvl 18 I think, innocently came along too see what was going on.

Anyway..er.. Nuclear mines don't really seem to care about the lvl 30 rule.. Unfortunately for the beginner pilot, Nuclear mines from myself and my comrade homed onto...his face. He said he was on a mission too.

So, I accept full responsibility for being a pillock.
Ban pl0x

P.S. No, we shouldn't have been dueling in New York.. it was a spur of the moment thing.

hmm I dont think you deserve any sanctions or anything for that.. That lvl 18 should have been more careful

I got killed by actcidental fire before to but that happened when i used a jump gate and came out of it

where were you fighting in NY?