Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Spatial's new model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I own a Spatial and I enjoy flying it and what not.
So I saw the new design and thought : Cool

Its sleek.
Its stylish.
Looks like a over-sized Roc or Eagle but that's ok with me.
It doesn't have that 'hit me metal slab' (which i don't reall mind because you must LEARN the ways of the spatial and learn to dodge snacs).

But.

But but but but but....

Even though the current version of the spatial is like a fat cow, its compact. The guns are close together and you can aim well while flying.
I worry however with this new ship how it will preform. The 'hit me shield' is gone, true, but then you have the long two wings on both sides to compensate for that. Sure its skinny but its long.

And were will the guns points be on the ship? Will they all be spread out along the wings? Would that effect the aim of the ship then? What about missiles?
If you fire missiles that were so spread out how would it work? I imagine it wont be as accurate.

Tell me what you think guys. I love the ship's design but I also love the Spatial itself and you hate for something to happen to it that would make it suck. Maybe all that needs to be done is make sure the gun points are close together as in this version?

I don't know. Tell nOmnomnOm you opinions so I wont have to worry Big Grin

Begin!
Link to the new model for the lazy please.
(02-13-2013, 03:40 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]Link to the new model for the lazy please.

+1
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...24&page=50

the second post.

couldn't find the actual thread though... but that's it
Looks smaller than current GB without proper shield.

And more "civilian" too.
Personally, while I do like the model by itself, I find it too tame looking when compared to the import the Spatial is using atm. Maybe the new model is just too symmetrical. It does make it a tad bit boring to the eyes. It also looks too sleek to be a "Deep Space Explorer".

Essentially, I could just summarize my complaints as "it doesn't feel like a Spatial" to me, while if it were a completely new ship, whith a different purpose, I wouldn't have complaints (or at least, not these) about it.

I still will be using a Spatial in 4.87 though.

Can't say much about the PvP part (yet), but I expect it to be better than the current one is.
If they're making it smaller, then I hope to god that they rebalance it. The Spatial is a tank as it is, and can rip anything that's not a bomber apart. Something that small would be invincible.
(02-14-2013, 06:03 AM)Safe Haven Wrote: [ -> ]If they're making it smaller, then I hope to god that they rebalance it. The Spatial is a tank as it is, and can rip anything that's not a bomber apart. Something that small would be invincible.

I can rip a bomber apart....
Does that make me invincible??? Big Grin
What are they doing to the Spatial?! That new thing is really just an over-sized Eagle with two new fins. The current Spatial is probably the best import around and I personally think it oughta stay in the mod (unless someone can make a Freelancer-ish version of it that basically looked identical).

People should stop making CTE-line ships all look the same.
[Image: spatialmk3.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6