Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Honey, I'm Home!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it was sometime in late 2003 that I started playing FL. Hours and hours of time spent in the early years of the game. After a while Modding became very popular and I followed the crowd. I have been a ship builder, admin,helper, and player at some time or another. As with many things life pushes us in different directions and the group of people I played FL with moved onto SWG. There we raised hell for years as both a Rebel and Imperial guild. As SWG fell apart, WoW came rolling in and we all moved there. Had a great time but found I just did not have the time to put into the game. Five years of no gaming followed.
About a week ago I found my old FL disk..popped it in and played the Single player game. Tried the Multi played and thought my firewall was being a pain..Nope! MS discontinued the support..
Google has brought me here and here will be home. I work alot and have a sexy a$$ wife(best to keep her happy). So I need a placed that will allow me to visit when time allowed. I am unsure of how I will attack the faction choices but one will be made once I have become familiar with DISCO and blown the dust of my Nostromo..

See ya all in space
Tuc aka Arkainan
Interesting story, i presume not much different than a few others.
Anyhow... Welcome to Disco!

Feel free to take as much (or less) time as you need around here and remember it's all about fun. Smile Still, bare in mind this is a Role-playing server, so if you are (or not) familiar with it... see the required sections, or just ask players around about it.

Also, any other questions you have, leave them here or ask someone if you want to. Most people around are glad to help new comers, and the Angels are always helping as well, being the designated group for that.

Other than this... good luck and safe flights!
Welcome to Disco!

(02-15-2013, 07:45 AM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: [ -> ]I presume not much different than a few others.
"Fan of Freelancer from years ago is pretty standard, I'm not sure about having sexy wives though, John Big Grin

Take a look at the factions (or just RP to play as an indy first) on offer, there will definitely be something that captures your interest. Starting off with a group that offers trading opportunities is a good way to pick things up and make the credits you'll need for other characters.

Anyway, have fun. I'll maybe see you in space.
Hello Arkainan, this game is really amazing with its ability to attract people after years, isn't it?

Summer has a point, trading-mining faction is the best option for new members, from my side I say: try out Daumann. Wink

See you in space
Welcome aboard! See you in space and around of forums.
Enjoy your stay sir!