Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Couple bugs with the Collector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was testing the ship out in open singleplayer tonight since i've never actually used the thing before... noticed two bugs with it.

1. both the mine dropper and countermeasure hardpoints underneath the ship are backwards. The part that's supposed to be facing away from the ship is actually facing forward... I dont think it causes too many problems gameplay wise but it is odd looking, could be a problem with mines but I didnt test it that extensively.

2. The torpedo/disruptor hardpoint has a 360 degree firing arc. I was able to turn my curse disruptor around and fire backwards with it, and I assume you could do the same with torps/razors/infernos. If it were a more commonly used ship that would be pretty devastating in pvp against fighters... dropping torpedoes at them when they get behind you.

' Wrote:2. The torpedo/disruptor hardpoint has a 360 degree firing arc. I was able to turn my curse disruptor around and fire backwards with it, and I assume you could do the same with torps/razors/infernos. If it were a more commonly used ship that would be pretty devastating in pvp against fighters... dropping torpedoes at them when they get behind you.
Hmmm, not to mention the ability to disrupt those pesky train from in front.

The Collector has some serious firepower issues as well.... 3x class 10 guns, which is ok, but then only 2x class 5 turrets forward facing. Bad enough, but then consider Junkers don't have any C.5 turrets... they don't even have C.4 turrets... the best is C.3 Barragers, which are pretty weak. Either those or Purples, which suck to high heaven.

It also turns like a brick; a bit better than the CSV, but not much. About the only good thing about Coll is its small size for a VHF.

Grah!!
' Wrote:2. The torpedo/disruptor hardpoint has a 360 degree firing arc. I was able to turn my curse disruptor around and fire backwards with it, and I assume you could do the same with torps/razors/infernos. If it were a more commonly used ship that would be pretty devastating in pvp against fighters... dropping torpedoes at them when they get behind you.
Sound like a real issue. I'll try mines drop + CD from rear view.

For the Firepower, i'll tend to disagree with Onca. 3 class 10 gun + 2 class 5 turret = 3 Golden Blade + 2 Adv. Debilitator turrets for a 650-700m/s speed projectile (i did not mention Tizona Turret but Collector is deadlier with) . And I love the powerplant who can handle it perfectly. Against a Collector, ennemies can expect a sustained heavy fire more than any other VHF. In return, the Junkers love to fly solid brick.