Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can someone explain how docking modules work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like, and can they be used so that they turn your ship into a mobile shop?
Here is the info from Daedric's Player Base Guide - hope this summary helps:

-Vessels equipped with a Docking Module can allow 1 fighter or 1 bomber to dock to their ship per Docking Module equipped. No other class of ship can currently dock to vessels equipped with a Docking Module.

-To dock to a vessel with a Docking Module equipped you first must be within docking range (200-300m); when in range merely press dock. This will send a request to the vessel with the Docking Module notifying him/her that you wish to dock. They must target you and type /allowdock.

-You cannot sell anything to the equipment or commodity vendors on the vessel you dock to.

-When you undock you will appear near the vessel you are docked with, even if it has moved between systems. If vessel you are docked with docks to a player base or NPC base and you undock, you will appear outside whatever base the vessel docked to.

-If the vessel with the docking module is killed, you will spawn 100k below the center of the map.

-To remove docked ships from your bays, type /jettisonship <shipname>. Shipname IS case sensitive.
So.... It can be a mobile dealer?
As I understand, no
(02-18-2013, 12:08 PM)Daron Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the info from Daedric's Player Base Guide - hope this summary helps:

-Vessels equipped with a Docking Module can allow 1 fighter or 1 bomber to dock to their ship per Docking Module equipped. No other class of ship can currently dock to vessels equipped with a Docking Module.

-To dock to a vessel with a Docking Module equipped you first must be within docking range (200-300m); when in range merely press dock. This will send a request to the vessel with the Docking Module notifying him/her that you wish to dock. They must target you and type /allowdock.

-You cannot sell anything to the equipment or commodity vendors on the vessel you dock to.

-When you undock you will appear near the vessel you are docked with, even if it has moved between systems. If vessel you are docked with docks to a player base or NPC base and you undock, you will appear outside whatever base the vessel docked to.

-If the vessel with the docking module is killed, you will spawn 100k below the center of the map.

-To remove docked ships from your bays, type /jettisonship <shipname>. Shipname IS case sensitive.
So I can jettison people out into the middle of a sun? 8|
no they will shown 100k below the sun
Wrong, the jettisoned ship will appear next to the 'carrier'.
Just got another question:
If say, I was carrying a DULZIAN in my hold, would that appear in the weapons vendor shop?
And would the same apply to commodites?
No - it is just an addon to carry fighters/bombers nothing else.
(02-18-2013, 02:31 PM)Daron Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong, the jettisoned ship will appear next to the 'carrier'.

It's supposed to, but it does not currently. A player is jettisoned 100k below the origin of the system.