Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings, fellow pilots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Yes, I'm new here, and yes, I've already made the mistake of going in-game first and browsing the forums after. Everyone makes mistakes and you know it. Anyways, I'm happy to say I love what I've seen so far in the past three or four days since I started playing. I also have a request to anyone kind and able to help: Point me to a decent faction...I don't like playing alone. Don't worry, I'm new to Discovery, not to Role Playing. Guess I've written enough for my first post. Peace!
Welcome to the madhouse server.

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time here so far! As to the factions, well... It depends tremendously and what it is you want to do. There's factions fitting just about every role and location you could envision for a character.

Personally, I've really enjoyed my time in the Liberty Navy, but there's plenty of other groups out there as well. Have a look through the factions section of the board and see if you can find an RP premise that takes your fancy.

If you run into any problems or have other questions, feel free to ask, and best of luck out there!

Oh, and be sure to read the server rules (so you can avoid breaking them) and the Laws of Sirius (so you know exactly how you're breaking them).
A good faction?? Well, I came back to Disco not too long ago, and I've been having great fun in IC|. You should join IC|, we're a great faction for new-comers and a friendly bunch.

Apply here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=68916
First of all... Welcome to Disco!

Now, going to your issue... allow me to tell you the same thing i've told to someone a few weeks ago, on the same issue.

There is no "decent" faction here... at least not in the way you're asking about it.

It's best, in my honest opinion, if you try to look around the forums (or in-game) and pick a faction according to your style and preferences... not on what others might say about the faction. Some will suggest IC, some Bretonia, some Corsairs... the list goes on to every (at least every active) faction, but truth is, it's all about what you would like to do and what do you want to be part of.

My suggestion: Do some research before joining any faction. After that... good luck in becoming a member of your first faction from Disco.

Safe flights and don't hesitate to ask anything else. Smile
Hello Noraim, nice to meet you, it's great you do enjoy forumlancering as we call it Smile

If you're looking for good faction to join, it definitely is Daumann Heavy Contruction, Rheinland mining-trading faction. Joining "cashmaking" faction is the best option for new players, where they can earn money, learn realities of Discovery and train their RP. It is untrue moneymaking factions dont fight, naturally there's much less combat accent, but we do have security ships and sometimes hunt pirates.

See you in space!