Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trouble Group Mining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A friend and I have been trying to mine for the last two days. Basically here's the issue, I have him selected so I can transfer the ore into his cargo bay as I mine. The problem is the ore is going into my cargo bay instead of his. I am new to this game but I had him observe me do it and he insists that I am not doing anything wrong. I also read over the tutorial twice, followed everything, and still no results. My question is: Am I doing something wrong? Is he doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with my character? Do I have to be in a party with him to do it?
He needs to be close to you - less than 800m
We've been practically next to each other within 500m.
Also he must not be hostile to you and the cargo hold should be emtpy.
That's all i can think of. *shrugs*
Your friend must be targeted in order for ore to transfer directly into his cargo hold.
I know that I have run into issues of ship type that is mining. If it's a freighter I couldn't get ore into the targeted vessel. Not sure what was going on. I did a controlled experiment and found that if I change the ship type to a mining fighter class ship that the ore goes into the targeted vessel. Not when I am in anything else.
Which ship please?
Sounds to me you picked a ship which is not recognized by the mounted ID as mining ship.
Only mining ships can mine directly to someone else's cargo bay. For example Hegemon, Arrastra, Annapurna...

http://www.discoverygc.com/wiki/Mining_Ships

Remember you can mine He-3 only in Garanchou and Kamome as GMG/Samura/Kishiro, and only in Ragnar/Behemoth as Kruger.

Aternus' mining guide is very helpful.
(02-20-2013, 07:55 AM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Remember you can mine He-3 only in Garanchou and Kamome as GMG/Samura/Kishiro, and only in Ragnar/Behemoth as Kruger.

Aternus' mining guide is very helpful.
Works with Anki too.
Plier
We're also mining for Berylium
Pages: 1 2