Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to trade items between two of your characters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It used to be allowed to have two instances of Freelancer running for the purpose of moving equipment among your ships. I used to use a certain programme for that, now this method does not work anymore, on the second instance I get kicked for multiboxing.
How does one do it now without another player to trust with the transfer?
Not. Find a trusted player.
I've already transfered CAU8's with random people ingame I've never seen before.
There's no more alternative.
You can move your ships to Connecticut and drop the stuff in space in front of one of the distant stations.
Docking, switching chars, undocking and looting the stuff.
But it's risky.
Just ask someone to help you. I'm sure noone will mind.
Although frowned upon, admins have stated that you are allowed to use 2 of your chars to exchange equipment if you are very quick. And best to not do it when other players around or many on server.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93523

This is the most recent thread where this kind of issue has been raised.

As for how to do it without getting kicked, you can use 2 computers, or use 2 user accounts on the same computer, but remember to be quick.

Best way however is to get help from a friend. Or you could ask people for help, many will, especially official faction members as they have someone to answer to if they stole your stuff. If you are needing help with transfering a few things right now, you can pm me if you wish and I can help you out
Got help from an Angel for now, thank you for your replies.