Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rheinland Container Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the current model was a rushed model. and its not exactly inspired, pretty or anything nice to look at.

this is a suggestion for an alternative...

[Image: modifiedctrans_zps1b33425d.png]
[Image: withpods_zpseb2bce62.png]

this concept is based on the cruiser - well - loosely so anyway. - it features a rather unique cargohold. - vanilla pods are attached in the "mouth" of the ship like a magazine.

the model is a good deal more compact than the current one - so it features a few less hardpoints atm ( 10 instead of - i don t know ... 14? )

this model is maybe 80% done. - its not a final skin and might lack a few details - but you should get the idea of how its supposed to look like.

postscript:

[Image: th_rheinlandbattletransportmk3.png]

that is the current one for those that haven t got a picture of it in their mind.

---> poll is public ( visible who voted what ) - and runs 7 days.
I like it, reminds me of a crocodile.
I like the design, especially the front bridge part and the antennas. But the engines is just in my opinion not right. I think a blocky one could fit the ship's overall design better.
Remove the antennas and you'll have a "sure, why not" from me.

Really like that it'd be able to attach the vanilla cargo pod and even the "weird mouth"-like cargo pods strike me as not that bad, keeping in mind that many ships in Freelancer looked kind off odd to me on the first playthrough. Besides that I'd prefer a shorter "nose", would make it look a bit more bulky. Rheinland ships have a more "compact"-looking design, which the mainpart of the ship fits in quite decently, the nose though doesn't.
Maybe add a second or a bigger engine, to give a bit better feel of "a lot of power needed to get that monster moving"...though ... how big is the engine compare to the engine of the cruiser?

Weird design, but I like it somehow. More details are needed, but as you said - 80% done.
your wish is my command - the antennas will be gone.

square engine instead of round one? - isn t that unrheinlandish? the blocky cruiser and he gunboat both have round engines - don t they have?
They have a more like a cylinder one, yes with round exhaust. I just...when you look at the rheinland capitals, the engines fit right where they are. In your ship, well it stick out from the rest of the ship, maybe it just because of the texturing, hmm.
(02-22-2013, 03:37 PM)Jinx Wrote: [ -> ]your wish is my command - the antennas will be gone.

square engine instead of round one? - isn t that unrheinlandish? the blocky cruiser and he gunboat both have round engines - don t they have?
I don't think the engine should be a square one. The different ball-like engine is a good thing in my opinion, it's like that with most (bigger) Rheinland-ships. Please keep it roundish. (edit: yes, textures could overall use a little touch, but as it's a work in progress I didn't want to poke it. Mh...engine...mh...have to think about it.)

And thanks for removing the antennas. Smile
Interesting design. However, I can't decide yet if I prefer it over the current one.

Can you make a render with it having the vanilla pods attached? Thanks in advance.
Arrrrgggghhh! Munchies, nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom!

Don't know why but this ship just makes me want to eat something...

Okay, proper feedback. Has the look of the ALG mover, which is great, fitting as it were. What I was thinking is if the mouth could be moved upwards so that it is horizontal, or almost horizontal to the craft itself. At the moment it feels like the bottom, including the big antennae, will just get caught on rocks and asteroids.
model update

more details - revised engine (still round but more integrated into the hull) -

the second image shows the ship fully loaded with 8 containers ( vanilla box shaped pod )

that ll also give you an idea bout the size of the ship. - those parallel cargoholders are the size of the trains.
Pages: 1 2 3