Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This is ridiculous!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK... I'm trying to arm a Liberty Cruiser, at the moment. But I am finding it REALLY difficult to use anything but the old house turrets...
Now, I want everything here to be FACT, then your opinion on these FACTS. And there might be some things here that are blatantly obvious, but I want even the newest players to be able to understand.

LIBERTY CRUISER:
Energy: 1,200,000
Mounts: 1/7 (One gun, seven turrets)

RHEINLAND CRUISER:
Energy: 1,400,000
Mounts: 0/15 (No guns, fifteen turrets)

BRETONIA DESTROYER:
Mounts: 0/7

KUSARI DESTROYER:
Mounts: 0/13

Liberty Cruiser Forward Gun:
Hull Damage: 18,000
Shield Damage: 9,000
Energy: 65,000 (That's right, sixty five THOUSAND)
Refire: 1.00 (One shot per second)

Liberty Cruiser Turret:
Hull Damage: 855 (1710/second)
Shield Damage: 428 (856/second)
Energy: 25,000 (That's fifty THOUSAND a second)
Refire: 2.00 (Two shots per second)

Rheinland Cruiser Turret:
Hull Damage: 470 (940/second)
Shield Damage: 235 (470/second)
Energy: 15,000 (30,000/second)
Refire: 2.00

Kusari Destroyer Turret:
Hull Damage: 340 (680/second)
Shield Damage: 170 (340/second)
Energy: 11,000

Bretonia Destroyer Turret:
Hull Damage: 850 (1700/second)
Shield Damage: 425 (850/second)
Energy: 25,000

Cerberus Gunboat Turret:
Hull Damage: 1,350
Shield Damage: 675
Energy: 22,000
Refire: 1.00

Cerberus Cruiser Turret:
Hull Damage: 1,850
Shield Damage: 925
Energy: 55,000

Nomad BATTLESHIP Turret:
Hull Damage: 2,000
Shield Damage: 1,000
Energy: 54,000

Mortar:
Hull Damage: 48,000
Shield Damage: 24,000
Energy: 1,000,000 (ONE MILLION!?! The forward gun uses less than 1/10 that!)
Refire: .25 (One shot every four seconds)

Now... For my opinions:

I have found that Nomad BATTLESHIP turrets are more efficient that Cerberus Cruiser turrets. I also find it ridiculous that Cruiser turrets use almost as much energy as the forward gun, yet do less then ONE NINETH the damage. Not to mention ONE SHOT of a Mortar drops the energy of a Liberty Cruiser almost to ZERO. It does uses FIFTEEN TIMES as much much energy yet only does double the damage. And why do Liberty Turrets take nearly the same amount of energy to fire as the Cruiser gun, YET does less than one nineth damage. Liberty isn't THAT stupid. They could easily just put EIGHT forward guns on it with a little modification.

The ONLY weapons that are bearable for energy drainage are the Solaris Chain Gun turrets! And they still do almost useless amounts of damage!

In short, ENERGY DRAINAGE FOR CRUISERS I WAAAY TOO HIGH. Even house weapons to an extent.

Igiss, if you could tell us the exact amount of energy the Huegenot has, it might be helpful, as it is a cruiser.
First of all, those numbers are already outdated and for 4.79.4 turret power AND energy usage will become different. If you'll be so kind to make a new number compilation, it could be of great help.

As for Cerberus... yes, they were meant to have higher refire rate. I'll fix that.

And - you cannot put many forward guns on anything. Guns and turrets have different slots. That's actually why I can make forward guns powerful - if I make similar turret weapons, everyone will get them as the best and most efficient weapons. Or they'll be battleship-specific, like Mortar is now.

As for Mortar, a small clarification - no mortars were meant for gunboats. Light is for cruisers, two heavier ones are for battleships.
Virus u might check the beta discussion topic i have posted something similar there considering all cap ships. And for better energy ues u can still use fighter turrets. They stil prove to be more worthy , especially in a longer fight where the ship energy is put to the limit (and with cap ship turrets is lowered to 0 in couple of salvos) . Aha... well lets hope Igiss has done the increadible to make things work out. :) Im an OPTIMIST.
The light mortar and the Mortar use the same amount of energy.
I think the Light mortar should only use 500,000 energy.

(preferably 400,000 but o well looks like that aint gonna happen.)
Ok... So I don't have the numbers for the next beta yet...

Let me see what seems not to have been fixed yet:

-Are Cerberus supposed to drain the energy of a cruiser in less than 5 seconds? If so, I'm never going to use 'em.
-Light Mortars... Supposed to drain most of a ship's energy every 4 seconds?
-Razor/Inferno, same thing?

And... That's all I can think of...

And yes, Igiss, if you want. I can make another list of numbers for you. If you want one ahead of time, I'll need a copy of where it is now, then you can just update it. ;)