Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ridiculous, but I still have to ask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok gonna try to keep this short and sweet. I want to know whether this is something worth bothering about nowadays on Disco.

I'm being killed, on a regular basis, by capital ships, directly outside of non-friendly bases. Whether its Navy outside Rochester, or a Pirate Dessie outside a Freeport, I don't like sanctions but this is stupid ooRP.

I realize we're letting capships do basically whatever they want with the new rules, but is pew-pewing outside a hostile base from a Capship that's too big for the base defenses to take down still a sanction-able offense? The expanded rules seem to have already done the impossible and further skewed the ratio of Caps:Snubs

I'd rather not have to avoid Liberty... seeing it's almost always where most of the Pilots are nowadays, or use tactics like quick-docking, as that's ooRP too...
but if I can be shot at my own front door, what's the damn point?
I find this really annoying as well.
I say buff the bases defenses. It's pitiful how they can't fight anything off but LFs, HFs and VHFs. Which aren't even able to take on a base realistically
I say just do your best to make some RP out of it. I'm sure the Junker Congress would be none too happy to hear that theres Navy cap ships loitering around their station or contact some rogues/xenos to launch a bomber raid against them

(02-23-2013, 11:31 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I find this really annoying as well.
I say buff the bases defenses. It's pitiful how they can't fight anything off but LFs, HFs and VHFs. Which aren't even able to take on a base realistically

Problem is that if you start to upgrade the base defenses too much, you are going to start 1-shotting those fighters
(02-23-2013, 11:32 PM)Leppy Wrote: [ -> ]I say just do your best to make some RP out of it. I'm sure the Junker Congress would be none too happy to hear that theres Navy cap ships loitering around their station or contact some rogues/xenos to launch a bomber raid against them

(02-23-2013, 11:31 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I find this really annoying as well.

Problem is that if you start to upgrade the base defenses too much, you are going to start 1-shotting those fighters

Realistically, wouldn't you avoid a base if you were in a fighter?
(02-23-2013, 11:36 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2013, 11:32 PM)Leppy Wrote: [ -> ]I say just do your best to make some RP out of it. I'm sure the Junker Congress would be none too happy to hear that theres Navy cap ships loitering around their station or contact some rogues/xenos to launch a bomber raid against them

Realistically, wouldn't you avoid a base if you were in a fighter?

inRP of course. But ooRP would you really want to be 1 shotted for flying just inside a base's range?

I'm all for buffing some bases' weaponry. As you guys have said, some of it can barely damage vhfs. However, I'm just saying that there will be consequences if its taken too far
> Buff defenses, base huggers too safe.

> Weaken defenses, base camping too easy.

It's a balancing act.

@ OP: Yeah that sucks. See if you can call in some bomber friends to chase off the hostile Cap, report it (inrp) to the base owner to see if they can help... and file a rule violation report if there's actually a violation.
(02-23-2013, 11:21 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Ok gonna try to keep this short and sweet. I want to know whether this is something worth bothering about nowadays on Disco.

I'm being killed, on a regular basis, by capital ships, directly outside of non-friendly bases. Whether its Navy outside Rochester, or a Pirate Dessie outside a Freeport, I don't like sanctions but this is stupid ooRP.

I realize we're letting capships do basically whatever they want with the new rules, but is pew-pewing outside a hostile base from a Capship that's too big for the base defenses to take down still a sanction-able offense? The expanded rules seem to have already done the impossible and further skewed the ratio of Caps:Snubs

I'd rather not have to avoid Liberty... seeing it's almost always where most of the Pilots are nowadays, or use tactics like quick-docking, as that's ooRP too...

I asume you are Voodoo.Child, the pirate IDed bomber who attacked a navy cap in front of manhattan, and who ran to rochester and then complained that the lawful ships followed him there, and that they were not being shot by rochester, a few minutes before this thread was made. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I wanted to pm you about some misconceptions you seem to have, but you were already logged off, possibly to make this post, and welcome ths opportunity to clear them up here.

To begin, you were a pirate IDed bomber attacking the caps in front of Manhattan. If you think attackng ships in front of enemy bases is wrong and oorp, you should always begin with looking at your own actions.

Then, you complained that the junker base Rochester was not shooting the lawful ships that followed you to Rochester.

You are mistaken to complain. Rochester is not an unlawful or a pirate base, but a semi-lawful junker base. No lawful is required to be hostile to it, unless he or she has decided to shoot junkers.

Also, junker ships or bases are under no obligation to assist unlawful forces.

In fact, the official navy and junker factions have made it a policy that pirates who run to Rochester to flee from lawfuls (who they attacked) should be repped hostile to the junekrs.

This is because the junkers are semi-lawfuls who want to not get shot by every lawful they see, in particulat the navy.

Even if you had run to buffallo, the navy had every right to follow you there, especially since you attacked the navy near a lawful base. In front of Manhattan, of all places.

I hope this clears things up for you.

I fear your misconceptions are fueled by players who have little regard for RP but love to lawyer and complain about rather absurd things.

Feel free to continue this discussion or ask any questions you have in mind. I think honnest and open discussions about pirate/navy relations and RP are much needed, so again, I welcome this oportunity.

The discussion should, how ever, focus on ships who go to enemy stations to "camp it for enemies", like unlawfuls flying to Manhattan to get pvp. Or navy camping buffalo (which I think happens much less frequently). If you ran to a junker base as a pirate and complain that the navy caps which you attacked in front of Manhattan follow you there, I dont think thats really a good basis of discussion.

What I do agree to is that if people agree that caps should be used less for certain things, they should simply be made less effectively at those things. For example, make base defenses much stronger aganst both caps and snubs, and cap ships weaker so they are not used to much.
I would say take away all CD's from any ships that are cruiser sized or larger.

That would balance the scheme of things drastically in my opinion.
I have to agree base defences should be upgraded somehow, because I manage to find under bases fire without big difference.

Something like old Isis would be nice. Smile
(02-24-2013, 12:08 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]I would say take away all CD's from any ships that are cruiser sized or larger.

That would balance the scheme of things drastically in my opinion.

Since.. since when is this a thread about cruiser piracy? I assume that's what you're referring to by ERMERGERD CRUISERS HAVE CD's

(02-23-2013, 11:21 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Ok gonna try to keep this short and sweet. I want to know whether this is something worth bothering about nowadays on Disco.

Also, I feel you. I've gotten used to it by now, though. After a few times of getting cap ships bombarding ouray with missiles trying to kill you for 20 minutes, I just kind of giggle at them then come back with a double nova waran swarm.
Pages: 1 2