Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Photoshop 7.0 Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I've been using my Photoshop for years now. And last week it suddenly went haywire.

When it launches I get

"You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Windows' primary paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance. It is recommended that you set Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch volume to be on a different volume, preferably on a different physical drive."

I've never had this issues in all the years that I've used this. Now it won't open projects half the time, and when it does and I want to open a blank window and copy paste an edit, it won't open the new window for me to paste my new project into.

I've pressed Ctrl+K and went to Plug-In's and Scratch Disc's and set it to another Drive letter. When I do that, the popup doesn't appear, but I still get the issue with my project windows not appearing when I want them.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I still get the same problems.

Anyone have a way to fix this, or know what I can do? Would be appreciated. I'd like to make my signatures again. -_-
its saying that your photoshop "temp" folder the scratch folder is on the same drive as the install, its inyour preferences to change what folder you use, its an inbuilt alert, nothing really important

when installing photoshop goto prefs and either change the scratch to another drive or see if theres an option to untick "check scratch folder"
as for the initial prob, perhaps somehow you changed the folder?

or your drive might be getting low on space?
I don't understand this error at all. I've been using the same photoshop for years on my primary drive without ever having an issue. I uninstalled it from my C drive, and put it on my J drive, and it suddenly works without issues.....
Well, problem solved? If not, i can try to help you with it
Yeah it works now, only because I installed it somewhere else. But still don't understand why it started in the first place.