Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Arms Dealers + Connecticut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, a bit ago Hoodlum banished all arms dealers from New York and told them all to go to Connecticut (CT).

However, as we all know, CT is the only pvp system on the server, which apparently means that pvp rules don't apply there.

This means that any arms dealer found inside CT is open to attack by any ship of any class, with or without warning.

Does this seem right to you? I know that half the arms dealers stay in NY anyways, but of those that go to CT.. does that put us under constant risk? Especially with the New Haven + Transports/Capships bug (3/5 times you undock you get stuck inside the station and you're forced to F1) combined with the 59-second disconnect timer.. can you say "death wish?"

Not that every player who spends his/her time in CT has the desire to loot everyone, but I'm just contemplating the possibility. I know of some past events where people try looting banks/dealers without warning in NY/Texas/wherever.. even worse.
I see Connecticut as an out-of-character/rp system... but you shouldnt just attack people to grief them, whether you're in a "pvp" system or not.

Have some respect for the other players here. Connecticut is stated as a system where players can conduct OOC transfers (like transferring stuff from a junker to a xeno, which would not otherwise be tolerated), and where players can duel to practice their pvping skills. It's also used for events.

Just because it's called a "pvp" system by most players doesnt mean you should go shooting anyone and everyone without reason. I cant say I like arms dealers, since I think most of them rip off the rest of the players here and they arent exactly an RP group of people (who the hell would take experimental technology from all around sirius and openly sell it, not expecting to be assassinated by factions they stole that tech from?), but just because you dont like them doesnt give you the right to blow them up and steal millions of credits worth of equipment.
Instead of CT, go to another system but NY. Simple.

I'd never stroll into CT with a hold of weapons or other high value cargo, where is the sense in that?
The two more recent and active weapons dealers have used Texas since the hoodlum ban.
It's a RP system and it's not NY, easy solution and kudos to them.
' Wrote:Instead of CT, go to another system but NY. Simple.

I'd never stroll into CT with a hold of weapons or other high value cargo, where is the sense in that?

' Wrote:The two more recent and active weapons dealers have used Texas since the hoodlum ban.
It's a RP system and it's not NY, easy solution and kudos to them.

Ah, right. Sometimes I <strike>forget there are systems other than NY, y'know?:P</strike> can be so absent minded.. thanks!
my Bill.Mason[Arms.Dealer] spends most of his time in Kepler at the Ames Research Station, which is where i've based myself out of since the Hoodlum ban.
I just leave mine in Connecticut. It's not that much of an RP business, therefore it should be conducted in the ooRP system, eh? Unless you can RP it, like Wellington did (Nomad Power Cell making codenames).
' Wrote:Just because it's called a "pvp" system by most players doesnt mean you should go shooting anyone and everyone without reason. I cant say I like arms dealers, since I think most of them rip off the rest of the players here and they arent exactly an RP group of people (who the hell would take experimental technology from all around sirius and openly sell it, not expecting to be assassinated by factions they stole that tech from?), but just because you dont like them doesnt give you the right to blow them up and steal millions of credits worth of equipment.

Whether or not this should be allowed....would you have to be a lawful/unlawful to openly attack them? Or should you conduct you appropriately?
' Wrote:Whether or not this should be allowed....would you have to be a lawful/unlawful to openly attack them? Or should you conduct you appropriately?

I think that, no matter where you are in the game, you should conduct yourself appropriately like your character would anywhere else.
*Searches for loopholes*
Pages: 1 2