Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gaian ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I just noticed that the Gaian ID seems to be a little messed up? Or perhaps i just have a weird view on it...

The Gaians info card starts:

'The Gaians are a terrorist faction opposed to any alteration of the natural environment of a planet, specifically those brought about by terraforming.'

Not the 5th word in that... TERRORIST

So why is it that we only get a Pirate ID?

No wonder everyones joining the Xenos, and leaving the Gaians
It's just one of those things.

The way I understand it, the terrorist ID in an 'admin-approved' thing & there are hoops to jump through to get it.

The way I see it though, who needs it? The Gaian ID does the trick just fine:cool:

PS- about this:
Quote:No wonder everyones joining the Xenos, and leaving the Gaians
For the record, I was hick before hick was cool:P:lol:
Just to say, the XA uses the Xeno ID in a manner that -anyone- could mimic. We never simply blow anyone up, rather we dema... Ahh, offer to help them drop all of their cargo if they can't manage the task themselves.

No credits, just cargo. So, technically, the Gaian ID would be more appropriate than the Xeno ID as ours prohibits us from demanding cargo! :crazy:
We arent looking for money, nor fame..

We just want to protect the environment, by blowing up a few ships... and stopping terraforming supplies from getting to bases..
Beware us treehuggers!!

(even our ansestors had a mean streak)

Beware, contains words w/ naughty bits

Fear us
:lol:

[/hijack]
Heh, when I said "[/hijack]" I have to expose myself as a liar now:P

I have a neurotic love for the Gaian faction, & I tend to get a bit uppity when I see this kind of thing:
' Wrote:We just want to protect the environment, by blowing up a few ships... and stopping terraforming supplies from getting to bases..
Just because the faction is one-dimentional filler created by the game designers, in no way means that Gaian characters have to fit the same one-dimetional mold.

[/soapbox]:cool:
the term terrorist in the rules is not like the term terrorist used to describe gaians.

as a matter of fact, "terrorist" describes what the gaians do - and thats sometimes LESS than piracy. they show terroristic acts against for example spa and cruise. - they terrorize them. - that is ... they show presense, they make their flights to gaia unpleasent - but they usually do not shoot them down even.

terrorist for gaians refers to disrupting the affairs of especially spa and cruise. - their main activity is piracy though - classic piracy.

terroristic acts can be:
- do NOT ask a spa and cruise or BMM for a tax, but damage the ship to like 10% hull and leave. ( you must not shoot them down of course ) - terrorist acts are acts that hurt them, but don t kill them for that matter, as killing without asking for tax is not allowed.
- terroristic acts can be propaganda that disrupt the bretonian effords to keep the citizens together, especially in those times of war.
- terroristic acts could also be "just" disrupting all tradelanes a transport goes and keeping it CDed to slow down its progress.

all that does not require the killing of someone, but is a terroristic act - ( or harrassment in roleplay )