Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help with repping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a while since played on discovery. This past week I've been gathering up credits, trying out trade runs a mining. I finally have enough to start up a character just for RP. One of my favorite characters from before had neutral rep with house corps/police/mil etc., and green rep with most outlying factions (outcasts, corsairs, zoner, etc.). I would run the character as an explorer and had some great RP fun.

If I recall correctly, the way I setup the character last time was to /restart Gallia, take a couple freelancer bribes to get the get the affiliation, take a couple zoner bribes, then fight xenos NPCS until neutral or green with the rest. Will this strategy still work? I've already wasted time and credits taking some bad advice (I was told to bribe freelancer, zoner, junker, then corsair once).
So I have a small update (bonus paranoia!) on my progress.

I did the restart Gallia, took two Freelancer bribes for affiliation, three Zoner bribes, and one Corsair bribe. I then purchased and equipped a Spatial, headed out to [Classified Location] and downed around 200 Xenos. My rep with the Corsairs stayed green, my rep with Outcast went from hostile to positive neutral. Several other 'unlawful' faction reps went up, as did several 'lawful' factions. Then I noticed something quite disturbing, and drew the only conclusion possible....

IMG IS IN LEAGUE WITH THE XENOS!

The more Xenos I put out of commission, the lower my IMG rep would go. It went from neutral, to just a hair above hostile. This was not due to any bribes, but killing Xenos only.

I was wondering how the Xenos kept getting more ships (as I have surely decimated their numbers). The IMG must be supplying the Xenos with the raw materials to build their ships. Killing Xenos must be really upsetting to the IMG, since they are obviously such great customers. This is the only logical answer! ;-)
(03-11-2013, 08:05 AM)Visivicous Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a small update (bonus paranoia!) on my progress.

I did the restart Gallia, took two Freelancer bribes for affiliation, three Zoner bribes, and one Corsair bribe. I then purchased and equipped a Spatial, headed out to [Classified Location] and downed around 200 Xenos. My rep with the Corsairs stayed green, my rep with Outcast went from hostile to positive neutral. Several other 'unlawful' faction reps went up, as did several 'lawful' factions. Then I noticed something quite disturbing, and drew the only conclusion possible....

The more Xenos I put out of commission, the lower my IMG rep would go. It went from neutral, to just a hair above hostile. This was not due to any bribes, but killing Xenos only.

I was wondering how the Xenos kept getting more ships (as I have surely decimated their numbers). The IMG must be supplying the Xenos with the raw materials to build their ships. Killing Xenos must be really upsetting to the IMG, since they are obviously such great customers. This is the only logical answer! ;-)

Where did you get three Zoner bribes?
(05-24-2013, 07:08 PM)Irishtiger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 08:05 AM)Visivicous Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a small update (bonus paranoia!) on my progress.

Bethlehem station in penn often has 3 and rarely has 4
(05-25-2013, 12:18 AM)Draconyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2013, 07:08 PM)Irishtiger Wrote: [ -> ]

Bethlehem station in penn often has 3 and rarely has 4

Thanks. That's the first place I checked. Found them there.