Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Long Time Ago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't played Freelancer for about six or seven years now, and after hearing about Star Citizen I wanted to really get back in the feel. From what I've read about this mod it sounds amazing, far superior to the mods I was running! I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick getting started guide or had some suggestions. It's been so long since I played I've forgotten quite a lot about the game and it's mechanics and judging by what you guys have added I'm about to be extremely lost.

I am a really big RP player. I like to play the game as my character and hope to see people play that way, are there any good RP servers? Can't wait to try this mod out!
(03-09-2013, 03:56 AM)eecer Wrote: [ -> ]I am a really big RP player. I like to play the game as my character and hope to see people play that way, are there any good RP servers? Can't wait to try this mod out!

Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 is what virtually everyone uses. Assuming you follow the instructions from Download and Install, you should be able to see it from the multiplayer lobby.

I have a feeling you'll fit in very well around here.
Excellent, that's good to hear! I've been looking around on the wiki a bit and there is a lot of new in this mod. Any good starting instructions?
Hey welcome to Discovery.

(03-09-2013, 04:31 AM)eecer Wrote: [ -> ]Any good starting instructions?

I'd suggest you to read this.
Okay. So start as a miner lol. Where is the clan/RP board?
First off, Welcome (again) to Disco!

Secondy, I believe you should be able to find your way trough the forums... most sections are rather obviously named. The "clan board", is the section named "Factions".

Have fun and safe flights!
(03-09-2013, 03:56 AM)eecer Wrote: [ -> ]I am a really big RP player. I like to play the game as my character and hope to see people play that way, are there any good RP servers? Can't wait to try this mod out!
Welcome to server and forums. See you in space!