Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New frontires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

I was SO happy to find this mod! I was even More happy to find so many people still playing! I've been a fan of Freelancer for many years, and have replayed it several times. I was getting bored playing the starflier challenge. lol

After a few setbacks and almost losing everything I finally made a bit of headway. Currently my character is rank 29 with about $750K. All from trading from Cambridge to Colorado. I am anxious to see some action, and to get involved with some other players. Any suggestions on a faction, and how to join?
Welcome to Discovery! If you like cooperative trading, the MAD magazine, and diplomacy, join the Temporary Autonomous Zoners, we've got weed.

If you like what you read there, you might also want to peek on the Erisian Lore.

Cheers!

Edit: Lol New Front Tires
I was just asking this question a couple weeks ago Big Grin
There's definitely some "better" factions in terms of help for new players (some will loan you some money, or even a ship)
Those tend to be trading organizations (I know Bowex, which I just joined, is good at that, or Daumann), or a mining company like IMG.
Of course, if you enjoy pirating, there's lots of good factions for that too Tongue

My suggestion is to look at the different factions, find one that interests you, then pm them, chances are, they'll be happy to front you a loan to get set up with their faction quite readily (a lot of them are sitting on massive amounts of money, to the point where 30 million is nothing to them o.O)

As for how to actually join them, most factions are in the "Factions" section of the forum, and almost all have some kind of recruitment site (the ones that dont tend to be very roleplay heavy, and need admin help)
(03-11-2013, 03:05 AM)LordMagnus Wrote: [ -> ]I was SO happy to find this mod! I was even More happy to find so many people still playing! I've been a fan of Freelancer for many years, and have replayed it several times. I was getting bored playing the starflier challenge. lol

After a few setbacks and almost losing everything I finally made a bit of headway. Currently my character is rank 29 with about $750K. All from trading from Cambridge to Colorado. I am anxious to see some action, and to get involved with some other players. Any suggestions on a faction, and how to join?
Oy. Welcome to server and forums. If I may suggest try any of the unlawfull factions if you're in for interesting RP and action along the tradelanes (Corsairs, Outcast, Red Hessians and such). There are several factions that could help you getting rich pretty quick. (I'm looking in the directions of IMG and DHC)