Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Long time, no see.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am a long time vet of Discovery, as is probably evident by my join date. I haven't played in about a year and a half due to various military-related affairs (training, tour in Afghanistan) and I am finally settled down enough where I can start playing again. Is there anything huge that I missed?
I guess I will have to muddle through it on my own. I see things about player bases and docking and stuff. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Oh, hi. Don't know you, but welcome back.

Loads of new stuff, not all good, not all bad. Bretonia Vs. Kusari war is ended, it's now Gallia Vs. Bretonia.

Indeed, POBs, manufacturing of cloaks, jumpdrivers, survey scanners etc. People left, people joined. Same old, same old.

Not sure what you into, if you're looking for a trading faction, [ALG] is hiring, http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1295681.

Alright, enjoy yourself.
Welcome back. You did miss some major installments associated with player made bases and the new equipment they can manufacture. You might want to venture in the help subforum and check out the tutorials. Also check out the rules, there has been some changes. Mostly carving it back down to something less restrictive.
Hey Acer! Good to see another older player come back! Would be happy to help you get back on your feet, loan or what have you, and answer questions. Of course, once the server is not being attacked... PM me if you like. Were you in any factions before?
I was actually. I was one of the founders of what eventually became DSE). I was also in the RM, the SCRA at one point, ALG, and maybe one or two others. I think I am going to do a rags to riches thing here, just to get the full experience of these new installments, get some good RP along the way.
Oh, is the RM still as great as always? Who is winning that fight now anyways?
I think yeah we tend to see RM making it to Manhatten more often then the other way around XD. We admins still won't fight the war for them so get in there and war it up. In general the RM indies seem more organized when it comes to raids and can muster numbers together faster. Lobster, when leading RM, was inclusive with the Indies and let them tag along with the official faction which set the foundation I think.
I really suck at dogfighting, more so now that I have been gone so long. I can barely do an anchor turn : (. Well, I will support them as much as I can. I hope that Malexa and Brunhild are still around.