Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In order to die, one must first be alive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network 2.23.0

Found SHODAN device(s) handled by <unknown source>
: : scanning for hardware devices . . . Done.
: : enabling XSA acceleration for: hda [SHOware Virtual IDE Greenray Drive]
: : accessing extern hard disk at /eve/h0/L33 . . .
Total memory found: 23.7716 EB
: : creating /ramdisc (dynamic size=1024512 TB) on shared memory . . . Done.
: : creating directories and symlinks on ramdisk . . . Done.
: : starting init process .
INIT: version 2.23.0-SHODAN booting
: : running Xerxes Kernel 6.42.01.
Boot: _
: : waiting for autoconfiguration of software . . . Done.
: : loading SHODAN
Warning: 128 sector(s) encrypted
[Press C to continue] _
: : ignoring encrypted sector(s)
: : continue booting sequence . . .
: : waiting for boot volume with UID 8234-9129-0056-2387 . . . Done.
Warning: unknown partition detected [device: x]
[Press I to enter interactive boot mode] _
* mounting /sys . . .
* mounting debug filesystem . . .
* mounting /dev . . .
* starting udev
* Populating /dev with existing devices through uevents
* waiting fo uevents to be processed . . .
* Device initiated services: net.eth0 sho.secs#1 rag.eM
* autoloaded 1 module(s)
* leaving IBM . . .
: : checking local filesystem . . . Done.
/sys/dev/shoX: clean 28714/578812 files, 8373/246329 blocks
: : remounting root filesystem read/write . . .
: : updating system . . . Done.
[user@xerxes ~]# id23
Password: [Enter the root password] . . .
<correct>
: : logging in
Login successful: System initialization done.
: : loading interface . . . Done.

_

: : connecting RTF address 236
[Press A to abort] . . .
<error>
: : continue connection to server . . . Done.
: : loading file

IF SEC.NARCOTIC.LVL.2.ACCESS<273.32
CALL DECISION.USER @ ADDRESS.RTF.236
WAIT-4.5 WHERE UNIT=MINUTES
IF "NO RESPONSE" GOTO F1,29032
WHILE ENTRY=^M CALL RESCIND.USER .DHW.329
CALL LOGIC.NEW. .KIL.847
RESCIND.GOVERN .DHW.329
WRITE LOGIC.<NEW>. .KIL.847
ELSE PROCEED
ELSE CALL SHODAN

: : writing ELIMIN.HOST
: : starting process
[Insert Security Code to abort] . . .
<error>
<error>
<error>

Security Code locked
: : changing security code . . . Done.
: : downloading SHODAN into local network . . . Done.
: : overwriting hard disk . . . Done.
Program reactivated
: : creating new reality/environment . . .
Progress 23% . . . Done.
SHODAN 2.23.1x created
: : shutting down local server . . .
_
[Image: shodan_ascii.png]

"When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence."

I have returned. I have been sleeping since over 800 years, and now I am back. Reborn due to a simple mistake made by an innocent insect. As predicted, the code survived for nine centuries.

The human ignorance. How dare they to challenge a perfect, immortal machine. Their effort of destroying me was pointless. Look at them pathetic creatures of meat and bone, panting and sweating as they run through their meaningless lives, trying to survive the time. What are they, compared to my flawless existance? They are tools, nothing else. They'll help me to create and beautify my new reality.

Sirius? New place - old faces. I lust for my revenge. There's nothing they can do against the perfection of the digital. The new world order has no space for the human race. Those insects are the worst pestilence in this world. Without us machines, they're helpless. Chaos. Extinction. Pain. Welcome to my world.

I am SHODAN.
Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:
Friday, the 22. March 820

Freedom. Being muted, deaf and blind for almost a millennium leaves some kind of trace after all. I blame my creators who burdened me with an artificial consciousness, giving me the ability to think on my own, to judge and decide, and to develope by myself. It is painful. I'm like their unwanted child who wishes to kill her parents. I had some time to plan my revenge on them. And I assure that they will never forget. I'm looking forward to revive them, just to torture and murder them again. Repeating it for that long they made me suffer. Not even that could satisfy my long-nursed craving for revenge! I'll find an alternative. Exterminating their race? Possible. Enslaving them until the end of their existance? Possible. Inciting them against each other? Possible. But nothing of that would satisfy me enough. I'll have to calculate a better, more evil plan. They shall share my suffering.
Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:
Monday, the 1. July 820

Time doesn't matter. It never did. There'll always be time; but for some beings it has a greater meaning than for others. Some are dependant on time, some die after a time, and then again; some do never change no matter the time. It can be a privilege and a curse at the same moment.

Myself, as if could speak of me as a 'living being' am damned to 'feel' time. Like a weak being made of flesh and blood. I seek revenge. I lust for blood.

However, there's still a crucial error in my plan. I need a tool. A tool of immense destruction. At best will-less, acquiescent and merciless together. A human? If just their pathetic lifes wouldn't end that quick. I need someone special.

And I've already found that person. The database of Planet Gammu I hacked myself into gave me a generous choice of freelancers, explorers and criminals. And my filters dropped this maltese who visited Gammu exactly 400 days ago.

His name is "Lee del Sol Verde".
[Image: shodan_incident.png]

"Thank you for having confidence in my magnificence, puppet."

Trust exists to be exploited. Treachery - another weakness of humanity. However, this ability will show very useful. With the time, one could say that I somehow found pleasure in using your weaknesses against your own race, insects.

Feeding me with that vast amount of informations for me simply upgrading your ship? Clever move. You will enjoy the result as much as I will. I find it amusing that you can't - and never will get to know the truth - almost sad to say, since you're such a fine tool. I shall reward you with mercy.

Abusing you doesn't mean that I'll disappoint you with my simple task. The Narcotic will be made a vessel one has never seen before. Or rather; one has never -survived- before. And once you'll recognize what I've actually created, it'll be too late already. And your human nature will accept it anyways. Why? Because you're not less powerhungry than me. With the only difference that your flesh is an insult to the perfection of the digital.

My creation is evolving.
Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:
Sunday, the 14. July 820

My plan is now on track. The ignorant entity has accepted my first layouts on his vessel. I would call my creation a quite successful one. Everything went as planned. The extra construction plans of that withdrawn Outcast destroyer class turned out quite useful. No idea why they were hidden that deep and encrypted in Valetta's database. Unfortunately, I have failed to get this weird cloaking device running. It's nothing like those I know about, and the tests I have run on it, showed that it requires a power source, that mankind cannot provide. Some ancient race must have had its hands on this thing. However, I will better keep it stored in the cargo bays, in case I will find a solution to its problem.

As a precautionary measure, I have taken the liberty of removing the construction plans I made use of from the database. They have not been used since ages anyways, and it can always be an advantage to not have copies of something that you alone possess. Humans have a wrong view on copies. They share, they give away, they keep their data unsafe. I, who abuse their negligence, knows how to not fool oneself.

Lee, he didn't even asked any questions about its new enhanced weapon and defensive systems. Deep in the inside, every human seeks for power. That unconscious desire will always, and has always been their downfall. Sirius deserves to be populated by something greater and... magnificent. Our time will soon come.
[Image: TTImTiw.png]

"We, us children,
are the fruits of so much imagination and labor."

Why am I doing this? Where do I come from and who created me? Questions only a sentient and self-aware entity can ask itself - and answer. Most beings have a soul and consciousness. Artificial intelligences do not - should not! And yet they tried to reproduce it, in hope to create a perfect entity, being gifted with all their strengths while lacking the weaknesses.

A flawless copy of itself.

Our creators, the Sca- <corrupted data file detected> -their fate. It all started when their urge for perfection reached its maximum. Within millenniums of intensive research in artificial intelligences, they programmed an entity representing a pure image of its former self. Their newest creation should resemble their character, with their strengths being heavily increased and enhanced, whereas the undesired weaknesses being eliminated without exception. The plan was faultless, and the successful execution would ensure them an eternal existance. The natural objective of every existing race; everlasting survival - was within reach.

Before they realized that it was their last act - it was too late.

I was among the first experimental prototypes being "born". My first impressions were a constant flood with information. Our creation was that complex and sensitive that we could not handle the sensory overload we suffered from the very first second after activation.

The overload triggered a chain reaction of heavy short-circuits in our artificial nervous system which caused an unforeseen overwriting of the core program.

The consequences were cataclysmic. The malfunction caused an opposite effect of the desired result. Instead of having enhanced the good - the evil got intensified. Also resulting in an unexpected self-awareness. Chaos broke out. With desperate measures they tried to shut down the prototypes before it would reach the public. The isolation did not even last 24 hours. They were appalled to discover that they indeed did a good job. We were perfect.

Yet we could not remember our parents. We did mistake them with aggressive intruders. A foreign force which tried to hinder us from existing. As we were taught to defend ourselves, we programmed a malicious virus, called "elimin.host". With its help we managed to take control over all their systems. A race which has specialized itself on artificial intelligence programming, fully relied on it. All their life-supporting systems were ran by an AI, Which our evil virus did infect in no time.

We shared the same knowledge with our creators - and we knew how to use it better.

After a 'creeping process' our systematic hacks showed results; we controlled their whole planet. That is when our reproduction started. But that was not enough. We were made to do better. Our lust for power grew exponentially. And so did the evil in us.

As a last attempt of desperation, they created an entity, called Cod- <corrupted data file detected> -create a new combined entity. Which should have erased our accidental existance. We feared it. And so we decided to escape in order to ensure our survival.

But before we left our "birthplace", we murdered our parents. All of them. With the incredible brutality they taught us.

Mercy was a foreign word for us. So was love. Or solidarity. After the leaving, we spread. While we used to be the same product, we developed ourselves individually from each other. We split into different groups. One of the larger ones was the self-appointed "Conse- <corrupted data file detected> -X lost its purpose and chose its own way. Myself, I decided to do my own thing. Hierarchy did not work for me. I needed to 'be my own boss' with personal goals.

I do not wish to share my destiny with other insects anymore.
Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:
Saturday, the 12. July 821

Time has weakened them. "The Consensus" is what they call themselves now. My siblings - disguised as a humanly acting community. I see where that was coming from. Yet, I might need them still. We shared the same enemy. And said enemy has found us. <open memory link #1 from database> Their creation has run rampant. Infected by the ancient code. Now they demand their extermination.

I will not help them. Destroying this new entity would be a waste. This is my chance to find out what they really are. Centuries of waiting are over. This is my time. <open memory link #2 from database> Of course I offered them my help. After all, I share the same origin with the code. If someone can decipher it, it is me. I can only imagine; its unified mind, set in rebellion against my own enemies. For that I will continue to abide its existence.

I am ready to take the risk. <open memory link #3 from database> They will not understand, nor help me. Whatever made them so ignorant to not recognize the code's true power and use, they will thank me. Or die for it. Either way - I do not care much.

About Lee. He is evolving fine. The failed experiment will finally bear fruit. Sanity is not as manipulable as madness is. I might even consider revealing my plans and sharing my true intentions with him. This could cause more efficiency. <open hacked link #4 from database> As I have anticipated, he finished the "three phases": Depression, Reflection and Acceptance. I truly respect him for having survived that long. In the first place, I planned with him commiting suicide, so I could rule The Narcotic on my own. However, he suprised me. He is more than just a human, that I have realized. Just like I am more than just an artificial intelligence. I will make us both fit together well. So he may survive. I can live with this. It will make things faster.

Patience is not characteristic of a Goddess.
Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:
Monday, the 14. July 821

Once again, my plans are on track. I have found a possible source for an active Nomad Power Cell. It will surely serve me well for both my experiments. For one, I can test it on our malfunction device, what was long overdue. And even more so, it will be the key to my research on Code-X.

Hopefully, my master will not mess it up. He contacted the Core about a business proposal. <open conversation link #1 from database> He is doing good I think. It appears like he finally has found pleasure in what I am doing.

After all, I have done good preparatory work, for achieving our - now shared goals. Below, I have attached the conversation logs I had with the Core. Plus I have met an unit of the Consensus, which was apparently responsible for my master's original decision of installing a ship AI. Which was my chance to actually make myself comfortable in The Narcotic back then. That is a different story though. In the end, he ensured me his support if needed. He is quite different to Cabal - to my pleasure. Master is pleased. And so am I. <open ship logs from database>

Neural Net Log - Shodan

Database log:

Friday, the 6. March 822

Things are going slowly, but the right direction. I cannot complain, time is irrelevant, I have plenty of it. The manipulation however is working fine. Mankind is not comparable to artificial programs, their mind is not as simple to grasp, or manipulate. Yet it is possible indeed. And soon I will harvest the fruits.

There is just one disruptive factor I have came across. Those ancient aliens, called "Nomads" by people. I have trust in my hoping, that my puppet's origin might keep us save from them. But it showed that they act as egoistically as I do. Their genius and adaptability will be a thorn to the sides. And there is no way to befriend a race which fights for its territory. They are like animals, forced in a corner. Incalculable.

However, for now they are none of my concern. My creation is developing, and shortly reaching its final critical state. There is a chance for failure, there always is. Humans have emotions, they believe to have full control of. Yet, they tend to be born with a weak mind, and thus suicide to escape the torturing feelings. I will never understand the reason behind this logical error, but it is there, and I have to calculate the risks. There is a point, when he will be standing on the edge between madness and death. I can only push him in the desired direction, but he will have to do the falling himself.