Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Salvager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Playing with Freelancer ID/IFF and was thinking of getting one of these. Couple of questions, though.

1) Can anyone tell me how it handles? I'm not looking to use it as a fighting ship unless I get cornered and there's no way out.

2) The nerf chart shows FL ID with Junker tech as yellow 75%. Does this mean it gets nerfed to 75%, or by 75% (leaving it at 25% power core)?

Cheers.
1. Handles beautifully. Backing up speed is also quite nice.

2. To 75%. So minus 25% from 100%.
You may wanna close your eyes when going through asteroid fields though, because that thing tends to get bumped all over the place even when it hits the smallest of rocks in the field. It's not too bad, but it doesn't handle asteroid fields as smooth as other ships of its size (Mainly due to that mechanical arm on the belly and two antennas on top). That aside, its overall handling is somewhat decent, and despite being a tad slower than other ships of its size, you won't have any trouble flying it around the place.

You may get into some InRp trouble with Junkers if you use that ship on FL ID without their permission though.
Cheers, guys.
Yeah Junkers will blast you if you don't do some sort of RP with us first.
Might be worth noting that it doesn't particularly like to dock with trade lanes too.
ah! Not being easy to dock with trade lanes would be a bit of a bummer. How much of a pain are we talking, here?

Then again, if I can't get the bleeding double bribe so I can buy the ID, it's all a bit irrelevant :o/

Been sat in Rochester base for the last 20 mins trying to get it. Had no luck in Trafalgar, either.
If you use a salvager without using a FL id, do an RP post or junkers will kill you in sight. For the ship, equip atleast 2 mining turrets (if you want to mine scrap) and the rest, gunboat turrets. If you get attacked by a bomber, better use TS and basic turrets, that way the bomber cant hit you... just be aware of asteroid field that you may collide, giving the bomber a good chance to SNAC you. If faced against fighters, use your turrets quick to eliminate them! A salvager is essentially a ship for mining and defense, thats why many junkers use the Salvager.
Is it actually possible to get a Junker double bribe? Been trying for over half an hour.

Cheers.
Yes, it is. But you have to be lucky. I once have to deal with IMG triple bribe... and 2 hours after I got one. So try and try... it means practice is perfect.
Pages: 1 2