Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Offical Faction Tag Rephack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't take credit for this idea, since it was something IAmAlpha thought of.

But how about a rephack that works with official faction tags (the ones that require a password when using /renameme) to give you instant friendly rep with the NPC faction of the official faction, at least to the point of being able to buy the ID?

I'm not proposing a full IFF rep, since some people may not want the IFF, and also because some factions use more than one ID, and the instant-IFF could mess that up.

It would help eliminate the need for trying to find those pesky double/triple bribes, or grinding low-level missions, which no one wants.
Generally, we don't set rephacks that make folk friendly - it can be abused by shooting NPCs of the faction you're being rephacked green to. Aside from that, rephacks go by ID, not by tag. So at the moment, this could not be done unless said faction takes a seperate (player) ID.
(03-17-2013, 09:25 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, we don't set rephacks that make folk friendly - it can be abused by shooting NPCs of the faction you're being rephacked green to. Aside from that, rephacks go by ID, not by tag. So at the moment, this could not be done unless said faction takes a seperate (player) ID.
Ah... I figured there was a way to code a rephack in with just the tag.

Alrighty then.