Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Separate ship class for cloaking devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How come cloak is used in Shroud and yet too expensive in Freelancer, set ~800 years after Starlancer, why isnt cloak common? Odd as it is, I support. Plus ooRPly cloaks can be used to go near an enemy and kill it near without the enemy knowing your position, that's why its too expensive for use and fuel restricting.
The stealth thing for every faction sounds great, but it will take alot of work.
(03-18-2013, 08:37 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Bugger that, want a cloak, buy one.

No, to have the max amount of cargo space and an adjusted firepower to be able to cloak. Half of the factions, if they do not have a heavy bomber, cannot use the cloak because of the cargo size. And the Rogues, by the way, cannot use them on barghests because its cargo hold is too LARGE.

8|

In that case then id agree with this! Last min 4.87 Stuff xD
(03-19-2013, 06:46 AM)monmarfori Wrote: [ -> ]How come cloak is used in Shroud and yet too expensive in Freelancer, set ~800 years after Starlancer, why isnt cloak common? Odd as it is, I support. Plus ooRPly cloaks can be used to go near an enemy and kill it near without the enemy knowing your position, that's why its too expensive for use and fuel restricting.

whoa whoa buckeroo!!!!

are you telling me starlancer and freelancer are in the same universe? I used to rock that game back in my Dreamcast daze! Big Grin (I remember beggin for it for xmas when i was like 13)

BTW whats the big deal? I have a cloak on my Fearless. Biggest waste of cash ever. All its good for is making me look cool in the system channel when I cloak. And when the new ship lines come out next mod I'll bet a lot of these issues would go out the window.
Pages: 1 2