Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Useless cloaking device thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am sure that you already know that cloaking device is useless.

We have a piece of junk that costs a lot of money and materials to build, and you can't do anything with it. A simple CD, or any kind of damage, missles, flaks, and even if you hit a ship or static asteroid while cloaked, the cloak will fail and you will become visible.

As a fighter I lost several cloaked ships and I never complained about it. The cloaks have fuel, which is running out eventually. Also you have the option to fire CD too and the enemy can't engage his cruise engines while he's cloaked. The CD is already overpowered on this.

But after this server change (any damage inflicted will cause the cloaking device to fail) the cloaks are useless. It cost a lot of time and money, and now it's thrown away.

1. The cloak doesn't have enought time already to be usefull, even for large cloaks with MOX
  2. If you really want to make a small adjustment, disable MOX as a fuel.
  3. The fighters won't be affected by this anymore. The MOX is perishable and no fighter will use it.
  4. The CD is enough to track down a cloaked vessel.
  5. The ones who compained about this should buy a cloak first (because clearly they never had one) and see how annoying is for some cloaked ship to be catched blindly by a CD.
  6. Instead of spoiling all the cloaking vessels time and money invested in their cloaking devices, ask the others who don't have cloaking devices to work hard as we did and buy cloaks for themselves.

2 changes are needed now.

1.) Disable MOX as ships fuel, and keep it only for player bases as a fuel.
2.) Reverse the process and make the cloak as it was before.

I personally recommend 2, and only 2. Here is nothing overpowered.

I am making this thread to ask a simple question.

Do you want this effect to be as it was until yesterday ?

Answer YES if you want the cloak to be like always

Answer NO if you want the cloak to be disabled with any kind of damage, asteroids, enemy ships, CD's etc.
I'll go for option 3. Restrict cloaks for people who actually have a decent RP on using em.
Long story short; cloaks will be turned off if your ship gets damaged.

By damage, I am saying: collisions (asteroid, npc, other players), CD's, regular damage, mines, radiation damage.

I guess this was implemented to prevent cloak abuse. Well, if you ask me - the big thing about them was the kind of retarded duration you could sit while cloaked, the larger the ship the bigger the problem. For example, on my Liberty Carrier with MOX (1015 cargo space available - considering I also have a CAU8) I can stay cloaked for almost 16 min. Plenty of time to stalk someone, and certainly more than enough for a surprise attack then a cloak withdrawal.

I would propose to have only H-Fuel and similar fuels for the cloak devices, and to have them inert to damage.

I have thus voted yes on the poll, but I would support this change instead.

titan
So cloaks are now ambush weapon which only a very tiny fraction of ships can use in at least limited degree.

So I heard group jumping does not work anymore, that leaves overpriced docking modules.
the cloak market will collapse.

A few players too...
I voted no but I like slaviks option better
Restrict cloaks to intelligence factions (LSF/MND/BIS/Kempeitai), maybe Order.
Cloak restrictions are a little excessive.

Anyway, as a Freelance cloak operator, I don't like the suggested changes mentioned above. Cloaks are fine as they are now as far as I'm aware.
Werent we all happier without them?...

I approve of this change, because the cloaks were abused way too much

and yeah would be cool seeing the cloaks as a rare item instead of the regular loadout of every capital ship.
Cannon needs more options, so anyone please post here your own view of the cloaking device. No matter what you vote. Maybe Cannon will do something different.

I propose the following

1.) Disable MOX as a fuel. MOX should be used on much serious circumstations. Such as player bases.

2.) Medium cloak should be used only with 1.4kk till 3.6kk energy, this way we can avoid the cloaked transport trollers. (They can go above place 20-30K and troll anyways).

3.) Large cloak should be restricted to 7kk energy or above.

4.) Most of the cargo restriction should remain the same except the Large Cloak. Should be limited to 2000 cargo. (This should be made only if the energy restriction won't be made. If the energy minimum requiered ammount will be made, then this cargo limit option for the large cloak will be useless).

5.) It's absurd that any damage inflicted will jamm a cloak. Fix this back. We all started to get used to the CD following a cloaked target.

6.) If someone will say that any damage should uncloak a ship in real life then take the following example: A very big ship, a Barge or a BS or any other large ship, can be scattered by a Xenos starflier NPC. It's absurd to hit a big ship that hard with a tiny ship.

7.) If someone is annoyed by the cloaking device, buy one. It's a nice feature and is not overpowered at all.

8.) Cargo space needed for medium cloak should be decreased.

I will post more proposals as soon as I will think about them. Thank you.

PS. I can't accept the fact that I loose more than 2 bills, and other players for sure much more than me, just because some players can't accept the cloaking device.

PS2. The only thing that's overpowered on this server is the core 4 player bases. Imposible to destroy. That's the only thing that should be fixed. Not a 30 sec cloak that can be easily neutralized with CD, no decloak feature is needed, really.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7