Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining drop rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright! Its been a while since ive been mining. A bit longer then all this stuff started happening with the server needing rolled back etc. etc. etc.

Ive noticed that the mining drop rates have been extremely low for some strange reason. Only getting a low amount of ore every one of three rocks. (Something like that number)

Would this be a server glitch?

I'm sure this was probably asked somewhere, but I am not too sure.
Well firstly if you haven't already make sure you read the Mining Guide. If you were getting such low yields, then most likely you didn't have bonus due to incorrect ship, turrets, ID or IFF. Also if a field has been heavily mined it's yield will deplete and you'll need to wait for it to recharge or until server restart.

Recently there had been problems with mining fields giving next to no ore after the server was down due to the ddos's. However I think that had been fixed by now.

If you give us more info on what loadout and where you were mining etc we'll be able to help more.
Gas Miners Guild, GMG ID, and GMG IFF. All good there.

Kamome, full mining turrets. All good there as well.

Ive always used this ship, had a great yield, but now its suddenly lower. Not really sure if its been nerfed up there? Or something else related.
Well there's been no recent nerf to gas mining that I know of, and your loadout is clearly fine. Gas mining is a peculiar one, in my experience the "rocks" around each gas miner give different yields. Most of the stationary gas miners for me give terrible yield all of the time it seems, and if you shoot rocks too far from the orange gas that leaves the ship you get nothing at all. There is one in particular Gas Mining platform which is very good though. It's at the south end of the cloud in Okinawa and seems to give better yield than the others there.

However I don't know if many others find this pattern. A more experienced gas miner or GMG could probably confirm this for you. Maybe I'm just crazy and seeing things that aren't there!

QuinnZai

If you have mined there before and this isn't how mining over there normally is, I'd suggest getting an Admin to look at it. I know that in Tau-23, an issue regarding mining over there was resolved.
You're not the only one having problems with gas mining. Several of our members have complained about this issue. Just hang back awhile and chill for a bit, I'm sure that this will be fixed shortly! In the meantime, you can always haul the excess He-3 that's stored aboard Shuri.
I got my suspicions that this is due to an exploit. We'll be checking if there are characters who mine abnormal amounts of ore in a specific timeframe, and if so, a few choice bannings shall resolve the issue.
i have seen it with other ores as well. tested it out with several and some seems to be ok.. others seems to be VERY low
I did some mini g in my GMG I'd/iff kamome earlier and was getting 2-3 He3 per 15 rocks hit.