Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How long should Name Changes be taking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are they still being addressed? I can only assume that there is some fairly massive backlog or something...Since I posted in the Name Change thread [where it sort of implies a wait of a week as being the max] much longer has passed....someone ingame suggested a months+ wait was average! Without being ungrateful or trying to be funny, if I had known this was the case I would have cannibalised the character for his gear and remade him........since he has a fairly decent "young" junker setup and rep I figured it was simplest to rename him but, you know, I could have had a new characters rep etc more or less fixed up by now.......Like its a valuable service to offer players with well developed characters and all but its not like my particular guy is flying a battleship or owns anything that couldn't have been transfared.....or at least re-aqquired fairly easily.
I've never had a name change longer than a week. My most recent one was done within the day I posted it, even. If it is taking longer than a week or even two something is probably up with Majkp. Be patient, with the recent threads, it seems the admins are having some trouble.
I waited for a month and a half and got blown up twice.
Admins are busy, they have lives, be patient.
At this point I'd say that people shouldn't be name changing anything smaller than a cruiser. Also, the invitation bug is very annoying. Unless you're guard tagged and has a very bizarre reputation sheet, creating a new character shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Better than a month and a half and we take some heat out of the admins' backs.
' Wrote:Also, the invitation bug is very annoying.

Wha...? Please explain. What is this "invitation bug" you speak of?
' Wrote:At this point I'd say that people shouldn't be name changing anything smaller than a cruiser.

Like the man said "I wish I was as sure of anything as [whoever] is sure of everything"........

After all many people may have put a good deal of time into such characters as smugglers, for instance, who may well fly smaller vessles but have complex reps and very full maps lets say....what if they want to change names say for the reason of joining an "official" faction of some sort? Then theres the whole "working" pirate thing, limited to GBs....not everyone equates bigger with better or even with "progress" ingame necessarily.
The invitation bug is a bug that makes it a pain, or I should say royal pain to invite someone into group.

The use of /i is ineffective unless you use the name that was in use before the NCC took effect.
' Wrote:....not everyone equates bigger with better or even with "progress" ingame necessarily.
Like I said...

' Wrote:...
Unless you're guard tagged and has a very bizarre reputation sheet, creating a new character shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. ...
Falls into the category.
Actually Turkish, it doesn't work even then, trust me, I've tried.
Pages: 1 2