Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It seems i am back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all.

I have decided to get back to Freelancer, and Discovery, which i played in 4.85 times and enjoyed much, is the place for me to go.

So i did some open single-player in my old 4.85 game and realized that yes, i want to be back very much; so i went to this here forum and realized my old account still exists, and password to it i still do remember! I also see that 4.86 is yet still much more than 4.85 was, and i see there is still a strong player base on the server. Good news all around! ^^

So.

Being serious, good-natured and mature pilot who above all loves freedom to go around, i am looking for a faction which would have the following feats:
- does not do piracy in any form;
- is not a navy nor police;
- is able to travel and trade in as many systems as at all possible (ideally - all systems and bases).

Please advice which factions would fit me the best; i just start to see what 4.86 is and it's a bit overwhelming... /blush Smile

I'd also would be grateful if someone would point me to a page which describes in much detail how i upgrade my Freelancer game from Discovery 4.85 to 4.86 properly.
You could try TAZ. Zonerzonerzoner :3

Hi!
Well, besides most general trading corporations, i believe your best choice are the TAZ, yes.

Other than this, welcome (back) to Disco!

I believe you know your way around so... have fun.
ALG. Rheinland based company with good reputation in the other houses, included Gallia. We have access to all houses (also in Liberty but with restricted goods embargo, due to the Liberty/Rheinland war), we don't divulge in piracy and just want to make a cleaner and safer tomorrow for everyone. We regularly join in with IMG convoys or take care of our own routes. Well organized and friendly throughout.

Click the link in my signature for the recruitment post, I'd also strongly recommend going through the faction write-up (information) so you get the general idea.

As for the upgrade question, visit this link: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=70974.
Most helpful, Tyler! Thank you very much.

If my memory serves, ALG is waste disposal corporation? See i dig some ecology and overall, proper waste disposal of human sapiens is one proper thing to do.

Thanks for links, i'll be sure to check when i am back from work. I'll have to compare the freedoms of ALG and TAZ in detail though before deciding; are there any other "can go almost anywhere" ones?
(03-20-2013, 11:49 AM)Fins Wrote: [ -> ]Most helpful, Tyler! Thank you very much.

If my memory serves, ALG is waste disposal corporation? See i dig some ecology and overall, proper waste disposal of human sapiens is one proper thing to do.

Thanks for links, i'll be sure to check when i am back from work. I'll have to compare the freedoms of ALG and TAZ in detail though before deciding; are there any other "can go almost anywhere" ones?

You're welcome.

Yeah, ALG focus is set on cleaning systems and planets from toxic waste, (premium) scrap metal, which we ship to our refineries where it's used for the construction of MOX (fuel) and other things. And we also uphold the ecology for flora and fauna (sun).

OSI (Omicron Supply Industries), IND (Independent Neuralnet Division) and TAZ (Temporary Autonomous Zoners) are indeed the ones with liberty to go throughout practically everywhere, but, being biased towards [ALG] I'd say lack the strong conviction of ALG men and women to ensure our next generations a beautiful environment everywhere. (Mind you I'm also in OSI and IND, yet ALG could use more dedicated players (blink))
Yeah, i took a look at ALG write-up and i like it much. Then i searched the forum for something similar about TAZ, and only found one topic in which someone asked where TAZ recruitment is, then gave a link, which seems to me being dead link now.

I wonder what Zoners are about. My memory holds little about them; they are neutral to mostly everything, are kind of "in themselves" bunch, and iirc they are devoted to providing safe heavens for almost any kind of pilot and enforce absense of hostility in close vicinity of their bases... Is it it? Do they have no bigger goal than that nowadays?

Talking flora and fauna, by the way, i wonder if ALG is involved in trade of exotic wildlife. If not, it should be. Wink Oh, it is! Alright. But then, no plutonium in allowed transportation list? I mean, that's strange. Of all things this one is the most ALG'ish thing to handle around. ><
Helloo fin, welcome back!
fins for friends, Fins for others, would you, please. I am more than just one fin, you see; i am a few in the same time.

And, thanks. ^^
(03-20-2013, 01:00 PM)Fins Wrote: [ -> ]Talking flora and fauna, by the way, i wonder if ALG is involved in trade of exotic wildlife. If not, it should be. Wink Oh, it is! Alright. But then, no plutonium in allowed transportation list? I mean, that's strange. Of all things this one is the most ALG'ish thing to handle around. ><

Uh, that list states forbidden goods to carry for ALG employees. We're fine carrying plutonium, actually, that would make sense. Gaian wildlife is forbidden in most houses and without the proper licenses.
Pages: 1 2