Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Solaris GB turret v Basic GB turret
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm currently using basic turrets, but am thinking of switching t o Solaris turrets.

I'm only going to be using them against npc ships. Can anyone offer an opinion?

Thanks.
It depends on what NPCs you are going to fight.
Snubs for the most part. I might make the odd trip into the Omicrons and hunt a few jellies.
Basic are fine.
Solaris turrets are kind of useless to be honest when compared to the basics.
But it really depends what you're fighting.
ok, I'll stick to basics. Thanks for the heads up.
You could always Opt for an insta-kill loadout, such as three razors and three pulses (I have that on my BN).
I'm way to poor a shot use use anything like that. I also play on broadband dongle, so I'm quite often looking at a 500+ ping.
IMO, Solaris are better if you have the powercore to support them.

Basics: 2,800 dmg/sec @ 8,000 pwr/sec @ 1,400 meters/sec
Solaris: 2,700 dmg/sec @ 11,500 pwr/sec @ 1,600 meters/sec

Also, Solaris turrets rotate twice as fast, which helps against groups. So all together you hit stuff a lot more often, but you can run out of powercore pretty quick.
(03-20-2013, 11:40 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, Solaris are better if you have the powercore to support them.

Basics: 2,800 dmg/sec @ 8,000 pwr/sec @ 1,400 meters/sec
Solaris: 2,700 dmg/sec @ 11,500 pwr/sec @ 1,600 meters/sec

Also, Solaris turrets rotate twice as fast, which helps against groups. So all together you hit stuff a lot more often, but you can run out of powercore pretty quick.

I agree with him, overtime, you will put in more damage then basics. faster re fire also helps vs snubs, and if your a B Nose, dont worry about dodging, you only need couple movements and they will miss. Even though I use 4 Basics and 2 BHG Turrets on mine, so Solaris dont go for me.
Solaris turrets are easier to use, but do less damage. If you find you are having difficulty hitting a target they're the better choice. Personally, I'm a good enough shot with gunboat primaries so I've never really used them.
Pages: 1 2