Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No you can't have the gold in my hold...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a few occasions when I have left arramorre base with a full load of gold the NPC mollys have been waiting for me as I undock. As if someone told them I was on my way out the Molly demands I drop it before I even have control of my vessel. Considering that hold sells so cheap there why are mollys even demanding gold? Or is this just a glitch that needs repair?
Think it just comes from them being pirates. They will demand any old cargo, even stuff they just sold you.
If you are neutral with pirates, they will ask for many commodities including:
-Gold
-Silver
-Cardamine

and other "valuable" commodities.
They ask for the first thing they see in your hold, so carry 1 water or something, and they will ask for that, instead.
That's interesting actually. Do they scan in alphabetical order? If so, water would be pretty useless...

On a similar note, when npcs demand for contraband, can they only scoop up what they can carry?
' Wrote:That's interesting actually. Do they scan in alphabetical order? If so, water would be pretty useless...

On a similar note, when npcs demand for contraband, can they only scoop up what they can carry?
Hmm... That's a good question. They do ask for all of it. Might be worth the cash to try.

I keep quite a lot in my hold so alphabetical it is not.
Get green with NPCs and they stop demanding your cargo (except for police/military when it comes to contraband). Since your running gold for them, you might as well get green with them.
back when I 'farmed' scrap metal outside of bornholme on my junker, I'd always get the corsair and hessian NPC's trying to pirate it from me.

So I carried 1 unit of consumer goods and 1 diamond to hand out instead, and yes I do believe they scan/demand in alphabetical order.

Quote:Get green with NPCs and they stop demanding your cargo (except for police/military when it comes to contraband). Since your running gold for them, you might as well get green with them.

Not always an option. See, as a junker it can be extremely difficult to maintain nuetral to friendly rep with nearly every faction in sirius. Our only real enemies are supposed to be limited to xenos and hogosha, with minor enemy status given to kusari groups.

If you get green with one controversial faction (like the mollys), it tends to piss off their enemies.