Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I was welcomed with connection problems!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - i just installed my vanilla FL, got the newest discovery (4.86) and went to play on the official discovery 24/7RP server - only to have an error message tell me that my connection wasn't working. As this was obviously wrong i tried again - to be told that i was now banned from a server i hadn't even played on!

I have tried many servers since, some work - some give me the same errors that i experienced initially.

Obviously i would love to join the larger community - is there any way i can fix this problem?
This is due to the Anti-Cheat. There is mostly likely some discrepancy with your installation or perhaps you have Freelancer Mod Manager with an alternate Mod turned on.

Try a fresh install and be sure to not have any programs that are altering the game running.
Ok, i already installed a fresh version just before installing the update - as instructed . I don't have FLMM anymore, i uninstalled it before i updated to 4.86.

Also - to even find out if i have successfully fixed this problem, i need the admins or someone to lift the ban, otherwise i'll just keep getting the same error regardless.
Also - just for the record and so people don't waste their time.... I've tried all the obvious stuff - disabling firewalls and antivirus, reinstalling freelancer, etc etc. Besides, it's letting me onto some discovery 4.86 servers, so there is little chance of there being a major problem my end since i'm not changing anything to allow those servers to run.

Two have worked so far (Discovery Sirius 24/7 and discovery redemption 24/7 RP) but every other server i care to try gives me the same problems - a disconnect before the character select screen on the first attempt and a banned message on the second attempt.

If anyone knows what's different about these servers it might help to solve this issue (and i'm not alone with it either)
another update - i just got booted from the Siruis 24/7 server - as i was actually in-game at the time i managed to see the console message pop up - possible cheating detected.

So I'm getting close to resolving this issue. Obviously i'm not cheating but i need to find out what would make servers think i am. As i've uninstalled FLMM i'm at a loss....
Welcome to the forums, as always read the rules first and foremost.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=55
Check this and maybe you can find that somebody already had a similar issue as you do now.
(03-25-2013, 01:09 PM)Xelon Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums, as always read the rules first and foremost.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=55
Check this and maybe you can find that somebody already had a similar issue as you do now.

yep already done - and already been reprimanded for replying to a thread in which a similar issue was raised. Gotta love this community :/
Ach don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon enough. Wink
Well - most things have been said already - so i can only extend a Warm Welcome! Smile

Have fun!
Server was dead for three days but then it emerged from it's grave and ... I get a strange feeling of deja vu. Welcome and enjoy the game.