Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A way to link FL to steam and keep shortcut extensions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I am wondering if there is a way to link Freelancer into Steam in a way that preserves the shortcut extensions I have in it... namely the -dx -lag so the thing fits my laptop screen and tells me when my wireless is wonky.

I can very easily link it to steam without those two features but the game just launches "normally"... is there any way at all to launch Freelancer from steam with those extensions activated?

bloogaL

Simply right-click your FL shortcut in Steam and click properties. Then add the shortcut extensions to the "target" field as you would on a normal shortcut.
(03-26-2013, 01:15 AM)bloogaL Wrote: [ -> ]Simply right-click your FL shortcut in Steam and click properties. Then add the shortcut extensions to the "target" field as you would on a normal shortcut.
That options isn't on Steam shortcuts.

Try going to the Steam Library, right clicking the game name, go to properties, then click the button in the General tab that's called "Set Launch Options", A text box should pop up and if I understand it correctly, you add -dx or dx there and it works the same as adding it to the target.

bloogaL

(03-26-2013, 09:06 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2013, 01:15 AM)bloogaL Wrote: [ -> ]Simply right-click your FL shortcut in Steam and click properties. Then add the shortcut extensions to the "target" field as you would on a normal shortcut.
That options isn't on Steam shortcuts.

Try going to the Steam Library, right clicking the game name, go to properties, then click the button in the General tab that's called "Set Launch Options", A text box should pop up and if I understand it correctly, you add -dx or dx there and it works the same as adding it to the target.

With a steam shortcut to a non-steam game there is no general tab, this is all you get, and how you add shortcut commands:
[Image: RO1AqZa.png]