Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Too many crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I know over a hundred people and such a detailed mod can be a perfect mixture for instability, but crashes have been exceptionally common these last few days. Yesterday I'm sure the server crashed about eight times during which I were there. Today I have been in for about an hour, it has already crashed twice. What's going on, this can't be normal? I'm used to crashes every two or three hours, but this is much worse.
Been there, done that.

Seriously, we've heard about this so many times... Admins are doing their best, I can assure you. Though most of them are gone MIA.
It happens from time to time. Most Likely it's your area connection or (not sure) Theres alot of fragmented data and the server needs to do its Mat

It will go away.
It's been worse...believe me.

A) The Coding for the Freelancer Server is a tad buggy, and without the source code it can't really be fixed.

B) People who use other mods cause insane server instability and it can crash from that

C) People who get banned turn into 2 year olds and have temper tantrums and attack the server. Not always, but it's happened before and can happen again.

D) It's a lot of information for the server to handle well all at once.

E) HALF THE FRIGGEN PEOPLE ARE IN NEW YORK WHICH CREATES INSANE LAG AS THE SERVER HAS TO MONITER AND INTERACT ALL THOSE CHARACTERS!!!

With at least a quarter or more of the server in New York during peak hours. Server instability will occur. Same when big battles are happening.
Good points, I'm sure there is an unreasonable cause for it. By the way, it's just crashed again.
Its my suspicion that someone has figured out how to crash it at will......this has happened before now on other servers....like its some weird bug like "dock a particular ship equiped with y at base x" type of thing....looking to those players whose playstyle would profit from constant resets would tend to point in the general direction of such miscreants, I feel....
A few things can and do "crash it at will". However, the anti-cheat shortly eliminates the players that use those. Unless they are master hackers, they can't keep it up.
So that's why it happens in the middle of something big going down.
I am most certain that the admins are doing their best, just gets a little annoying at times hehe.
Pages: 1 2