Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Make Osiris Little Better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Osiris can't handle a TS LN dread, and I agree with jinkx but you forget that osiris is supposed to be a "punisher" style battleship, something that gives a damn good punch and sadley today.. it is just not it.
The only good thing is that in 3km osiris is unbeatable and can't be touched but on the same token osiris can't retaliate unless it is 2.km range with its 5 primaries. So again, this is an arguement that any player should consider.
Cruiser or osiris? If mortar is the only thing that the osiris has to offer, cruiser would be the first pick.
Now I'm sure omicron would agree that osiris flying alone is insane and it deserves to die but im he will also agree that his ROS outcast dread is by far more superior in terms of survival and combat.
I think the only thing should be changed is an extra slot because then you might have 2 cerbs to actually snipe in 2.7 3.0 range ( and this also means that the powercore should be buffed to match the energy consumption ).
These two little changes seems to boil people's blood pressure, well what can I say.. thems the breaks.
(04-07-2013, 05:39 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: [ -> ]Osiris can't handle a TS LN dread, and I agree with jinkx but you forget that osiris is supposed to be a "punisher" style battleship, something that gives a damn good punch and sadley today.. it is just not it.
The only good thing is that in 3km osiris is unbeatable and can't be touched but on the same token osiris can't retaliate unless it is 2.km range with its 5 primaries. So again, this is an arguement that any player should consider.
Cruiser or osiris? If mortar is the only thing that the osiris has to offer, cruiser would be the first pick.
Now I'm sure omicron would agree that osiris flying alone is insane and it deserves to die but im he will also agree that his ROS outcast dread is by far more superior in terms of survival and combat.
I think the only thing should be changed is an extra slot because then you might have 2 cerbs to actually snipe in 2.7 3.0 range ( and this also means that the powercore should be buffed to match the energy consumption ).
These two little changes seems to boil people's blood pressure, well what can I say.. thems the breaks.

As summer said "Noobs".Ossies CAN handle any class of ships but crusier will be the most dificult.
And Jinx i wasnt thinking about powercore....power regen will be much better.Ossie can hadle forward firing but once you move the pointer a bit down...then your powercore will be depleted in several seconds from Mediums alone...

If you cannot win a fight in a Ossie then you suck at it...listen to older players and try to improve your skills a little bit...if you even fail at this then please remove the ossie from your account and try a diferent ship...She isnt for ya.
older players and ossie whores kinda stopped using the ossie Smile) . Old ECG members and ex ECG (now [CC]) all switched for the lolgate and have much more success with it's quad cerbs.
To my mind, it is not about buffing the Osiris, but rather about, buffing Mortars and missiles when compared to the Cerberus turret.

Right now, using cerberus has become a MUST, due to its nice combination of range and DPS, especially when used in combination with cloaks. The result is, that long range fights on capital ships have become obsolete, but this the point where the Osiris is meant to shine as some others in here have already stated.

Therefore, I suggest to have a closer look at nerfing the Cerberus turrets, instead of buffing Osiris.
this thread won't change anything IMHO..
also the reason that you keep saying that the Osiris is underpowered is that you got used to the old Osiris that was really really really overpowered .. Osiris now is more balanced and still can kill anything out there with a skilled pilot ( now you will say '' LN Dread!!!! .. cruisers!! '' but still .. )

you must go to practice on the TSing with the Osiris not complain about it!!!
so... 3 words... DEAL WITH IT !
(04-07-2013, 08:19 PM)shcore22 Wrote: [ -> ]you must go to practice on the TSing with the Osiris not complain about it!!!
so... 3 words... DEAL WITH IT !

I'll agree with that one.
(04-07-2013, 07:50 PM)Savi Wrote: [ -> ]older players and ossie whores kinda stopped using the ossie Smile) . Old ECG members and ex ECG (now [CC]) all switched for the lolgate and have much more success with it's quad cerbs.

And most of them are mainly noobs....very good paralel you drawn there...very good...
(04-07-2013, 10:03 AM)sajjukar Wrote: [ -> ]The Osiris is just fine as it is...why you all criing that its underpowerd?
Learn to turrett steer and strafe and stop with this kind of threads

Please go fight a Skilled Valor, then you can say how good it is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with JayDee,everyhting he said. Osiris is great ship, but its not orginal ship, its NERFED, Orginial one was OP, and I didn't see why people QQ-ed about it. Liberty Dread is like a Osiris from back then, Sooner or later, all BS are gonna get nerfed or what? Osiris needs 1 more Heavy slot, ore hull and more core, it doesnt stand a chance vs Mako, a mako will eat it, throw it, and then break it. Osiris is the weakest BS, and I don't see why a LSF/LN Prototype sucks so bad.
Also, if your in conn killing every BS you see. Please, do it with regens, you will die to every BS. Conn without regens is 10x different then in systems. Any BS will get close to you if you start running from 2k, I fought a Valor in my Osiris, a very skilled one. Then I tryed with double Cerb Dread. Osiris got half the hull of Valor. I almost died with Lib Dread. Any heavy BS with good hull will get close to you, and will kill you in couple seconds. Right no, IM very tempted to make my OCV a Lib Dread, even though its 75%, Lib Dread with 2 cerbs will be better then the Ossie with usually 1 Missile.
(04-07-2013, 10:35 PM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with JayDee,everyhting he said. Osiris is great ship, but its not orginal ship, its NERFED, Orginial one was OP, and I didn't see why people QQ-ed about it. Liberty Dread is like a Osiris from back then, Sooner or later, all BS are gonna get nerfed or what? Osiris needs 1 more Heavy slot, ore hull and more core, it doesnt stand a chance vs Mako, a mako will eat it, throw it, and then break it. Osiris is the weakest BS, and I don't see why a LSF/LN Prototype sucks so bad.

Agreed about that I said to replace Sair Ossie and buff Order one?

If you do - then yea, Order Osiris is nothing compare to their enemies BS.
One Heavy slot against 2 in BHG, 3 in LN, 4 in Nomad. Armor - Mako same as Ossie (but I already told that Mako needs buff too), LN Dread more armor and more less same agility/size, Marduk much bigger, but have more then 2 times armor. Powercore/regens also similar only to Mako, LN have more and Nomad have most.
Even Corsairs loosing, because OCs and RH have strongest BS then Osiris - 3 heavy, 4 prims, 8-9 secs, 820-835k armor, 8mil core, 1600 regens and 10-11 turning speed. Compare it with Ossie 1 heavy, 5 prim, 6 secs, 700k armor, 7mil core, 1500 regens and 9 turning speed. Too big trade for 1-2 degree aint it?

If Corsairs wont get their own BS instead of Ossie - then Ossie need to trade 1 primary for heavy, get 750k armor, back its reverse speed and those 2 secoundary turrets that in on captain bridge to have 360*. Then it might be of use.

(04-07-2013, 10:42 PM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]--- Conn --- is 10x different then in systems. ---

Simple as that. Dont compare ever conn and real fight. Especially without regens. While Ossie will be dodging on +2k distance, enemy can easilly get close and tear it apart with its 2-3 cerberuses. Ossie is fast and small, but its long. I can east cerberuses quite good on close distance, and its low armor wont allow it to survive long. I myself never toke down Valor or Mako or LN Dread when we fight with regens, and we all were quite skilled with our ships so no noob fights. Oh, and if your enemy have dual missiles/pulces - that is also sad for Ossie.

Ofc, its all about skills too. You may say that people need to go train how to fly Ossie and TS it, but let me ask you - why Ossie pilots need so much skills to fight his most common enemies, while Valor or LN captain can just hop in and destroy things without prior long training?

And some funny stuff - in Vanilla, Ossie destroyed RM BS in Hamburg and LN Dread with 2 cruisers and fighter support in NY. Hillarious aint it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10