Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ships Randomly blowing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so tonight an odd event took place, at first it was just a low level complaining of dying multiple times for no reason, then I approached manhattan and asked someone to help me transfer a S-Nova to another ship.

I started getting constant red lag, then my ship blew up instantly. I was lucky a Battlecruiser (Stormcrow) picked up the S-nova, but he was getting hit too. The same thing that killed me took his shield out and half his hull, he was able to use bots and bats. I then logged my other character that was to get the s-nova, and he started getting hit again, this time blowing up. Luckily I tractored the S-nova in and docked. However during this I made sure to stay in cruise and fly in circles and I wasn't damaged at all.

Could this be a cheater with uber guns?

*note*4 differant people at least have died over 8 times in the past 10 minutes due to this.
Uh oh.

It's been happening lately. Other cases, click me!

Someone mentioned that it could be a super-long-range beam weapon.. bleh.
OoooOOOOoooOoOOOOooOOoo i iz teh ghost r ny, ph34r my 1337 pwnzor rays lulz

Seriously, I have no clue. The red lag could indicate a cheating piece of shhhhhhh... not nice stuff.
I'm afraid I neglected to get screenshots, I was more worried about saving my LPI's new toy gun... not that I was successful...

The redlag could signify a cheater, though I may have been the only one getting the constant red lag (My dialup can be touchy)

This seems alot like the original long range cheat weapons that were out when freelancer was fresh, and I was policing a server. And the fact that I never got damaged while cruising in circles could indicate this too.

As a warning though I suggest everyone do transfers and such somewhere else away from Manhattan. Maybe even another system.
Happened to me not so long ago too. Maybe someone managed to create a cloaking shield mod that got past the cheat detection. Maybe eh....
unless they cloaked weapons fire too i doubt it
You got a point. Maybe its the admins doing it so that they can tie it in to an upcoming event or some such.
Keeping the LSF armory docked, until this gets figured out. too much stuff in there to be lost.
I do not think admin's would Hit noob's. I also (STORMCROW) got the red lagg then started taking damage. Also everytime i cruised a distance it would stop, then begin again when i stopped/slowed. This to me point's to a Fracking cheater.
Maybe it's connected to the crashes we get -every- 30 minutes.
Pages: 1 2